Where am I?
Rental Terms & Conditions
Use of School Facilities
Groups sponsored by St. Louis University High School shall be permitted and encouraged to use school facilities for worthwhile purposes when such uses will not interfere with the school program and the normal school day. All arrangements shall be subject to the provisions, which follow:
Inquiries regarding the use of the Theater or the Danis Lobby should be addressed to the Theater Manager or Facility Director; for the gymnasium, stadium, or other athletic facilities, contact the Athletic Director or Facility Director; all other school facilities contact the Facility Director.
Granting of Approval
The Facility Director is authorized to approve and schedule the use of school facilities for both school-affiliated organizations and non-school organizations, in accordance with the schedule of facility usage charges. While the intent of this policy is to make facilities available to school organizations, the Facility Director acting for the Board of Trustees, retains the right to reject or accept any or all applications under equitable administration of this policy. The Board of Trustees shall, at all times, maintain full control of school property and cancellation of utilization may be ordered whenever necessary, with or without due notice.
Priority of Facility Usage
In making judgments permitting the use of school facilities, the following priorities shall be used:
Class A: Any curricular school program
Class B: Any school co-curricular program
Class C: Any group or organization sponsored by the school (moderator or director is paid a salary by the school and all profits return directly to the school)
Class D: Any group or organization directly affiliated with the school
Class E: Business, civic, religious, social, or cultural organizations.
The administration will annually revise the fee schedule to reflect changes in the costs of operation.
Policies for the Use of Facilities and Terms and Condition
It is the intent of the school to provide first for the educational needs of our students and also to serve (the civic and cultural needs of the members of the St. Louis U. High community).
- No additional lighting or sound equipment or additional structural units many be attached or wired into the existing sound or lighting systems.
- No additional generators or additional sources of electricity may be added to the existing electrical system.
- No rewiring or wiring to the existing system will be permitted.
- No separate sound or lighting systems may be plugged into the existing system.
- Additional speakers or follow spotlights will be permitted only with the written permission of the theater manager.
- No use of apparatus or equipment shall be granted unless approved by the theater manager.
- The maximum daily use of the theater facilities will be eight (8) hours in order to maintain the basic rental rate. For each four- (4) hour period of operation, the crew will be allowed one-third hour of shutdown time.
- No one from the renting group will be allowed in the lighting/sound booth, or the catwalk areas, or the prop storage areas without explicit permission from the auditorium manager.
- NO SMOKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE THEATER, BACK STAGE, PROP AREA, LOBBY, OR LOGE AREAS.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN THE THEATER, BACK STAGE, PROP AREA, OR LOGE AREAS.
Policy Statement Regarding the Use of Auxiliary or Additional Equipment or Personnel
- As is true of all school property, the school shall maintain its control of school facilities; therefore prior approval for use must be obtained.
- Application for use of school facilities must be made on the proper form, in duplicate. These forms may be obtained through the Facility Director.
- All school activities shall take priority over this agreement and supercede the use of said facility by the parties signing the application (hereafter referred to as the USER). ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL reserves the right to cancel this contract or withdraw permission for use at any time without notice to the USER and without penalty or damages to the USER.
- The USER must assume full responsibility for the conduct of the persons whom they admit and for any infraction of regulations, as well as agree to pay the cost of any damage caused by them or their patrons during the period of their use of the facilities.
- Permission shall not be granted to use of school facilities after 11:30 p.m. without prior approval.
- The USER shall notify ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of any cancellation of the reserved dates hereunder.
- Adequate adult supervision must be provided for any activity.
- No unlawful conduct or activities will be permitted on the premises. The USER shall be responsible for and provide adequate supervision and protection for any and all activities conducted on ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL premises or use of school facilities.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the building.
- The USER must provide ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL, prior to use of school facilities, a certificate of casualty insurance satisfactory to the school.
- It is expressly agreed and understood by the USER that the ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL shall be free from all liabilities and claims for damages and suit for or by reason of injury to any person or persons or property of any kind whatsoever, whether the person or property of the renter or his or its agents, servants or employees, or third persons, from any cause whatsoever while in or upon said premises or any part thereof during the term of this contract or occasioned by any occupancy or use of said premises or facility or any activity carried on by the USER. USER hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify, defend and save harmless ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL from all liabilities, charges, expenses (including attorney's fees) and costs on account of or by reason of any such injuries, liabilities, claims, suits or losses except those resulting from the design or maintenance of the facilities or the sole or gross negligence of ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL, its officers, officials, board members, trustees, agents, representatives, employees or volunteers.