Where am I?
BELIEVE IT. BECOME IT. Following are radio spots showcasing SLUH from multiple perspectives.
- Founded in 1818 as a Latin school for boys, St. Louis University High School is the oldest private Catholic high school west of the Mississippi River.
- SLUH is ranked in the top seven percent of schools in the nation for highest composite ACT score.
- All seniors at SLUH perform 120 hours of community service outside of school during the month of January.
- In addition to academic excellence, SLUH enjoys a rich tradition of athletic success, a strong commitment to the arts and a dedication to the development of faith based on serving others.
- Operated by the Jesuits as a college prep high school for boys
- Grades 9-12
- Total Enrollment: 1,100
- Senior Class of 2011: 237
- Average class size: 21
- Student/teacher ratio: 12:1
- 2012-13 Tuition: $14,365
- 2012-13 Financial Aid: $3,018,000
- Enrollment limited to approximately 280 entering freshmen.
- Admissions based on a student's ability to succeed regardless of his ability to pay.
- Teachers 87
- Counselors 5
- Administrators 5
- Librarians 2
- Total 99
- Advanced degrees 90
- Lay people 94
- Jesuits 6
- Located in the cultural/educational corridor of St. Louis adjacent to Forest Park, St. Louis Science Center, Zoological Park and the History Museum
- Student body drawn from 96 Catholic elementary schools and public junior high schools, and from 85 zip codes in the St. Louis metropolitan area, on both sides of the river
- 35 percent of students receive need-based financial assistance.
- Jesuit Secondary Educational Association
- National Association of Independent Schools
- North Central Association
>>>Click image below to access SLUH-themed wallpapers for your desktop screen.