Physical Education/ Health
Physical Education is an integral and vital component of SLUH's curriculum. Regular physical activity, not only essential for the student’s healthy growth and development, may also provide the following benefits:
- Improved Physical Fitness
- Enhanced Motor Skills Development, Greater Flexibility and Improved Coordination
- Higher Academic Achievement
- Stress Reduction and Greater Mindfulness
- Higher Student Accountability and Responsibility for Their Personal Health & Fitness
- Improved Self Discipline and Motivation
- Development of Leadership Skills, Good Sportsmanship & Fair Play, and Working with others
- Improved Self Confidence and Self Esteem
- Great Ability to Focus on Tasks and Achieve Goals
Physical Education offers students the opportunity to participate in a variety of individual and team sport activities, as well as weight training. To go along with these activities, topics that are pertinent to the total health, wellness and fitness of the students are discussed in order to make students more knowledgeable of these topics and to help them in making decisions in regard to these topics.
Weight training follows the “Bigger, Faster, Stronger” program which emphasizes a total body workout to enhance strength, agility, quickness and speed.