College counselors work individually with students and their families through the college admission process. Guided by Jesuit ideals throughout the college search and selection steps, your son is encouraged to:
- Understand his strengths, weaknesses, values, and worldview and communicate his gifts through his college essay and résumé.
- Innovate and adapt to a changing world by choosing a college that provides opportunities and agility in a shifting employment landscape.
- Engage others through his college search and interviews with a positive attitude.
College counseling is available all four years.
- Sophomores are encouraged to attend at least 2 college representative visits to SLUH.
- College counselors present to parents and students at the Sophomore Level Meeting in August.
- Sophomore Parents are encouraged to attend Financial Aid 101 and Financial Aid 201 evening programs.
- Students take the PSAT.
- Juniors are encouraged to actively engage in college representative visits, college fairs, and campus tours.
- College counselors present to parents and students at the Junior Level Meeting and College Kickoff as well as facilitate an evening program, Tips from the Pros.
- Junior parents are encouraged to attend Financial Aid 201 evening programs.
- College counselors meet individually with juniors and their parents to discuss college plans.
- Seniors are encouraged to build relationships with the college representatives of their top-choice colleges through school visits, college fairs, and interviews.
- All seniors take an online college class for college application completion.
- College counselors meet individually with seniors to discuss college plans in the fall, and periodically throughout the year.