In the student’s junior year, he can expect to meet with his school counselor in the fall to check on academic progress. This meeting will:
- help them continue their process of self-discovery
- set goals
- develop strategies for this challenging year of transition in their lives
Equally important is your son's personal, social and co-curricular development:
- Counselors will ask students to reflect on their lives in each of these areas and to set goals in these areas as well.
- Feeling connected here at SLUH is critical to student success. This meeting allows your son to fill his counselor in on what he has been involved in and allows student and counselor to explore together other opportunities for involvement.
- In some instances, young men need to learn to prioritize, or even cut back in some areas so that they do not become over-extended.