Devices for Junior and Senior students
For the 2017-2018 academic year, Junior and Senior at SLUH will be required to bring their own device to school (BYOD). The device will need to meet certain minimum requirements mentioned below. Cell phones are not acceptable devices.
- Students and parents/guardians must adhere to the SLUH Student Handbook and in particular to the Internet Policy section.
- Each teacher has the discretion to allow and regulate the use of devices in the classroom and on specific projects.
- Students are expected to arrive at school with their personal device fully charged for the day; batteries must have enough charge for each class. Electrical outlets dedicated to charging personal devices will not be available. A charging station with a limited number of charging ports is available in the Library.
- Students are not allowed to have cell phones on their person during the day.
- Student devices must have a label with the student's name or student ID
Minimum Technical Requirements
- Needs to be able to run Google Chrome
- Needs to be able to run Google Drive, Docs etc. either via a browser or apps
- Needs to have a total storage capacity of at least 32GB
- Needs to be able to connect to the school wireless network
- Windows devices need to have a current and up-to-date anti-virus software installed and running
- Have a healthy battery that can last through the school day
- Have a minimum screen size of 7". Larger is recommended.
- Optional, but strongly recommended
- An extended warranty for your device
- A protective case. If planning to use a tablet make sure it protects the corners.
- A physical keyboard, either built-in or connected via Bluetooth
Apple iPad: Refer to the Devices for Freshman and Sophomore students page for recommendations and requirements
Apple laptop: Minimum of 4GB RAM; 8GB RAM is recommended. Minimum of 128GB of SSD storage. Needs to run Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) or above.
Chromebook: Prefer 4GB RAM, as 2GB will limit the ability to run multiple apps simultaneously, has ability to add an SD Card for local / offline storage.
Microsoft Windows Laptop or Tablet: Minimum of 4GB RAM; 8GB RAM is recommended. Minimum of 128GB of SSD storage. Needs to run Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Note: Students will not be allowed to have cell phones on their person during the day.