Learn About Life at SLUH
Important Admission Dates
Welcome and thank you for your interest in St. Louis University High School!
As the oldest private Catholic high school west of the Mississippi River, SLUH is part of a 450-year-old tradition of Jesuit schools that are known worldwide for their academic excellence and rich spirituality. Since 1818, SLUH has been preparing young men for college and to become intelligent and compassionate human beings and leaders in their communities. We hope that, through their high school experiences, the young men that graduate from St. Louis U High are open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, loving and committed to doing justice.
SLUH’s academic curriculum challenges our students, while equipping them with the skills and tools necessary to successfully continue their education after graduation.
The program of studies at SLUH includes:
- an extensive course offering, both required and elective;
- more than 90 elective courses, ranging from advanced technology courses such as Web Design, Artificial Intelligence and iPhone Apps Development, to fine arts courses such as 2-D Design, Ceramics, Concert Chorus, Band and Acting Improvisation;
- six foreign languages to choose from, including Chinese, French, Latin, Russian, Spanish and Greek as a Senior-year elective;
- courses for college credit through St. Louis University’s advanced college credit program; and
- Advanced Placement courses in 22 disciplines.
SLUH proudly celebrates its students’ academic achievements. Last year, 406 students took 935 AP exams. Eighty-four percent scored a 3, 4 or 5, grades that qualify students for college credit or advanced placement. The Class of 2012 averaged an ACT score of 30. In the Class of 2013, five students have earned a score of 36 in the ACT, the highest score possible. Since SLUH's Class of 2005, 29 Jr. Billikens have achieved this feat. The members of the Class of 2012 were accepted at 193 different colleges and universities and will be attending 76 different colleges and universities throughout the United States. One hundred and ninety-nine students (74% of the class) accepted scholarships valued at over $2.3 million. As you can see, at SLUH, it is cool to be smart!
But there is so much more to SLUH beyond academics. SLUH fosters the total development of its students and encourages them to participate in at least one co-curricular activity. There is something for everyone, including
- more than 50 student clubs and organizations for a variety of interests;
- teams in 19 sports that compete interscholastically;
- intramural sports; and
- Campus Ministry activities, such as daily Mass, class and all-school liturgies, retreats, prayer services and community service.
Beyond all of that, SLUH’s spirit is like no other! It takes many shapes and forms from the “Running of the Bills” when the freshmen paint their bodies blue to cheer the varsity football team to the missionary work done by our students tending to orphans in Honduras or building homes in the Appalachian region.
We invite you to learn more about our school by further exploring our website and visiting us on campus. You will learn that our student body mirrors St. Louis’ geographic and socio-economic diversity and that we admit students based on their ability to succeed regardless of their ability to pay.
SLUH’s admissions process is designed to allow prospective students and their families the opportunity to learn about our school and for us to get to know each applicant. We welcome applications from qualified eighth grade boys in the fall of each year. Our admissions team is eager to meet you, answer your questions and guide you through the application process. It is up to you to take the first step in becoming a Junior Billiken. We look forward to meeting you!
Believe it. Become it. SLUH!
Director of Admissions
(314) 531-0330 Ext. 2097
Director of Financial Aid
(314) 531-0330 Ext. 2098
Did You Know?
SLUH’s foreign language offerings include Chinese, French, Greek, Latin, Russian and Spanish.