Athletic Facilities

Our 27-acre campus provides exceptional practice and competition facilities, and our central urban location allows us to partner with neighboring organizations, such as Forest Park and Forest Park Community College, to utilize their athletic spaces.

Athletics Stadium

SLUH Athletics Stadium, the first stadium on the Oakland campus, began taking shape in April 1979 and hosted its first contest on September 5, 1980. The Stadium, which originally served as home for the football, soccer, and track & field programs, now hosts practices and contests for the football, lacrosse, rugby and ultimate frisbee programs. The newest addition to the Athletics Stadium, the second synthetic turf surface in the stadium's history, debuted March 12, 2016.

Danis Field House

The Danis Field House serves as home for Jr. Billikens competing in basketball, wrestling, and volleyball, as well as housing offices for the physical education department, the athletic department, and the athletic training staff. Dedicated on September 25, 2009, the facility accommodates two full-size basketball courts, three team locker rooms, a wrestling practice facility, and seating capacity in the bleachers for 1,120. The Danis Field House bears the name of the Danis Family (Mr. and Mrs. Thomas '65, Mr. and Mrs. Timothy '65, and Mr. and Mrs. David '61), generous benefactors who contributed to the construction of the facility.

SHERIDAN STADIUM

Named for former SLUH President Fr. Paul G. Sheridan (1997-2004), Sheridan Stadium serves as home for the Jr. Billiken baseball program. The stadium and its natural grass and dirt playing surface hosted its first game in 2006 and was officially dedicated one year later. Sheridan Stadium boasts lighting for night games, bleacher seating for 400, and ample standing room space for additional spectators.

Soccer & Track Stadium

Residing on the east side of the Drury Plaza entrance archway is the stadium that serves as home for the SLUH soccer and track & field programs. The stadium features a synthetic turf soccer field, a 400-meter, 8-lane track, lighting for night events, and five rows of bleacher seating that runs the entire length of the west sideline. The SLUH community is honored to utilize this facility to host the annual Festival of Miles track meet, which has produced 19 sub-four-minute miles in its 10-year history.

Off-Campus Facilities

The Natatorium at Forest Park Community College serves as host for the Jr. Billiken swimming & diving and water polo programs. The 6-lane pool and its elevated spectator area allows the Jr. Bills to host the MCC swimming championships each fall.

The Norman K Probstein Community Golf Courses and Learning Center in Forest Park and its 27 holes serve as the home of the Jr. Billiken golf program. Tabbed as the "Best City Golf Course in Mid-America", the Norman K Probstein Golf Course was originally built as a 9-hole facility in 1912 and expanded with construction ending in 1915. The facility was redesigned in 2004 with assistance from Missouri native and former PGA golfer Hale Irwin.

The Dwight Davis Tennis Center in Forest Park serves as the home for the SLUH tennis program. The Tennis Center was named 2010 Public Park Of the Year by Racquet Sports Industry Magazine and was tabbed as the 2014 Outstanding Community Tennis Association (CTA) Award winner. Dwight Davis Tennis Center is a state-of-the-art facility with 18 lighted tennis courts and a Stadium Court that seats 1,700 spectators. The Tennis Center is named after Dwight F. Davis, a native St. Louisan and the donor of the famed Davis Cup.

Powered by Finalsite