Voluntary Community Service Program (CSP)
The Community Service Program is a voluntary program offering students in all four grade levels an opportunity to place themselves at the service of others. Students volunteer at selected sites throughout the school year, as their schedules allow. Many programs offer a faculty chaperone for those students who are unable to drive. The programs are organized by populations served and type of service.
- Pre-school programs
- Tutor/mentor programs (elementary/middle school-aged populations)
- Feeding/sheltering programs
- Senior programs
- Sports programs for those with special needs.
Throughout the school year, some programs are added and some end, most often by program design.
Community Service Program Moderator: Mrs. Simonie Anzalone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You should register for service and log your hours in X2Vol, through your Naviance Account.
- Go to connection.naviance.com/sluh
- Log in with your Naviance email and password. If you run into issues, please contact Mrs. Anzalone at email@example.com.
- Click the blue X2Vol link, located on the left sidebar.
- Click the green "Find Opportunities" button. You will be able to view and search all approved service opportunities. Pay special attention to the "Instructions" link.
- When looking for an opportunity, if you see something that interests you, click "View Event Details" and then click "Sign Up" or click "Add to My Opportunities" (this is for ongoing opportunities like nursing homes without specific dates and times).
- Once you have completed your service, you will go back into X2Vol and click the "Add Hours" button.
- Submit each of your opportunities as you complete them or all at one time. This will send an automatic email to Mrs. Anzalone or the site administrator for approval.
- Once your hours are approved, you can print a record of your service by going to the "Service History" button.
In addition, each year you must turn in a completed Parent Permission Form before doing any service opportunities. You may download and print that permission form here. Please turn the completed form into Mrs. Anzalone in Campus Ministry.