Retreat Program for the 2012-2013 School Year:
Direction Days are one-day retreats that introduce the student to the SLUH family. This activity, held the week before classes begin, is required of all freshmen. Also required of all freshmen is the Freshman Retreat, which will be held February 22-23, 2013, at SLUH. For more information, email Mr. Tim Curdt at email@example.com.
Each sophomore is required to attend a one-day retreat. This retreat will be held March 22, 2013, at SLUH. For more information email Mr. Brian Gilmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traditional Junior White House Retreat:
An optional, three-day retreat in which groups of Juniors join faculty for prayer, Liturgy, reconciliation, discussion and quiet time at the beautiful Jesuit-owned White House Retreat, high on the bluffs of the Mississippi River. Our reserved White House dates for the upcoming school year:
- October 22-24, 2012
- November 19-21, 2012
- January 21-23, 2013
Traditional Senior Pallottine Retreat:
An optional, three-day retreat in which groups of Seniors join faculty for private prayer, quiet reflection, Liturgy and reconciliation at the Pallottine Renewal Center. Our reserved Pallottine dates for the upcoming school year:
- January 14-16, 2013 (excused absence during Senior Project).
- February 18-20, 2013.
Kairos Retreat Program:
An optional, four-day, student-led retreat in which students join faculty for prayer, Liturgy, quiet reflection and reconciliation. Our Kairos dates for the upcoming school year:
- Kairos #56: September 18-21, 2012 (seniors; held at Toddhall in Columbia, IL)
- Kairos #57: November 18-21, 2012 (seniors; held at King's House Retreat & Renewal Center in Belleville, IL; retreat full)
- Kairos #58: January 15-18, 2013 (seniors; excused absence during Senior Project; held at King's House Retreat & Renewal Center in Belleville, IL; a few spaces still exist)
- Kairos #59: February 12-15 (juniors; held at Toddhall in Columbia, IL; retreat full)
- Kairos #60: May 28-31, 2013 (rising seniors; held at King's House Retreat & Renewal Center in Belleville, IL; space still exists)
Juniors from the Class of 2014 who attended a White House Retreat are also eligible to attend Kairos #60 at the end of May. Also, applications are still being accepted from Kairos alumni from the Class of 2013 to lead Kairos #58 and #59. Leadership for Kairos #60 will be comprised of students who first attend Kairos #59.
For questions concerning or to sign up for any of the junior or senior retreats, please contact Mr. Brian Gilmore at (314) 531-0330 x2130 or email@example.com.
Service Learning Retreat:
An optional, two-day retreat, sponsored by the CSP program, in which a small group of students explore what it is like to be homeless in Saint Louis. They will look at poverty from serveral angles in conjunction with Catholic Social Teaching in an attempt to gain clarity about how their faith leads to action in regards to these issues. For the 2012-2013 school year, this retreat was held October 7-8.
For questions concerning the Service Learning Retreat, contact Mr. Nick Ehlman at (314) 531-0330 x2092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did You Know?
SLUH, which was founded in 1818, moved to its current campus in 1924.