Where am I?
The Missioning Ceremony
- On Thursday, December 11 we will be on an M Schedule and have the Missioning Ceremony in the Commons.
- You will receive a journal to aid your reflections and enrich your experience.
- You should make a DAILY entry in your journal.
- You should record daily activities as well as your personal reflections and feelings about them.
- Your journal will not be seen by anyone without your permission.
- The journal will be used in your theology class following the project.
The Reflection Meeting
- At 7:00 PM on Thursday, January 10 all seniors will gather in the SLUH chapel.
- You will reflect in small groups with other seniors and faculty.
- You must follow excused absence policies if you will miss this meeting (this must be accomplished no later than 9:00 AM on Thursday, January 10).
- Failure to follow excused absence policy will result in a Saturday jug and required attendance at an alternate reflection meeting.
- The meeting will conclude at 9:00 PM on Thursday, January 10.
- During your project a SLUH faculty member will visit the agency.
- The faculty member will check with you to see how the project is going.
- The faculty member will check with the project supervisor as well.
AFTER THE PROJECT
- Will return the daily attendance sheet filled out by the senior and his agency supervisor.
- The agency supervisor will complete a written evaluation of the senior, describing his consistency, dedication and effectiveness.
- Will keep his journal and bring it to theology class as required.
- Will submit an online report summarizing the project at his agency by Friday, February 1.
- Will meet with his Faculty Advisor to discuss the results of the project by Wednesday, February 27.