The Missioning Ceremony
- On Thursday, December 11 we will be on an M Schedule and have the Missioning Ceremony in the Commons.
- You will receive a journal to aid your reflections and enrich your experience.
- You should make a DAILY entry in your journal.
- You should record daily activities as well as your personal reflections and feelings about them.
- Your journal will not be seen by anyone without your permission.
- The journal will be used in your theology class following the project.
The Reflection Meeting
- At 7:00 PM on Thursday, January 10 all seniors will gather in the SLUH chapel.
- You will reflect in small groups with other seniors and faculty.
- You must follow excused absence policies if you will miss this meeting (this must be accomplished no later than 9:00 AM on Thursday, January 10).
- Failure to follow excused absence policy will result in a Saturday jug and required attendance at an alternate reflection meeting.
- The meeting will conclude at 9:00 PM on Thursday, January 10.
- During your project a SLUH faculty member will visit the agency.
- The faculty member will check with you to see how the project is going.
- The faculty member will check with the project supervisor as well.
AFTER THE PROJECT
- Will return the daily attendance sheet filled out by the senior and his agency supervisor.
- The agency supervisor will complete a written evaluation of the senior, describing his consistency, dedication and effectiveness.
- Will keep his journal and bring it to theology class as required.
- Will submit an online report summarizing the project at his agency by Friday, February 1.
- Will meet with his Faculty Advisor to discuss the results of the project by Wednesday, February 27.
Did You Know?
Former SLUH President Fr. Paul Sheridan, S.J. founded Boys Hope Girls Hope in 1977.