Annual Giving allows SLUH to continue to provide a premier education while admitting young men based on their ability to succeed, not on their families' economic circumstances. The current SLUH fiscal year is July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. Gifts received during this period will be included in the Gratitude Report, published in the Fall of 2017.
A "Printer's Proof" of the annual Gratitude Report, showing alumni gifts received through early May 2017, is available for viewing. Check to see if your name is listed correctly. CLICK HERE to view the Printer's Proof" of the Gratitude Report.
Make Your Gift Today
Parent Annual Fund
The 2016-17 Parent Annual Fund Chairs are Maryjo & Matt '86 Nordmann and Laura & Jim '86 Lally.
- What does Parent Annual Giving support?
- WHEN MIGHT YOU BE ASKED TO MAKE A GIFT TO SLUH?
- WHY DOES SLUH ASK FOR A GIFT?
- View the 2016-17 Guide to Parent Annual Giving
Your contributions allow students like Sam Tettamble, a member of the Class of 2016, to experience a SLUH education – something that would not have been possible without financial aid. Speaking about his time at SLUH, Sam says:
“I got to broadcast soccer games on the SLUH Sports Network; I got to manage the basketball team; I got to be on Student Council. You truly do make a difference, and you truly are encouraging Men for Others for life. Thank you!”
Parents are typically asked for gifts to the Parent Annual Fund and Cashbah during the year. A general timeline of solicitations:
- May 2016 - Tuition mailing with FACTS form and Parent Annual Fund details.
- October - Dedicated effort, including follow-up letter and peer-to-peer parent phone calls.
- Fall 2016 - early 2017 - Depending on what co-curriculars your son is involved in, Cashbah solicitations may start as early as September. Gift Gathering Parties typically are from November to January.
- April 8, 2017 - Cashbah! Attendees are asked to consider a contribution to the Fund-A-Need portion of the evening.
- Spring 2017 - Final year-end solicitation for current year non-donors.
We recognize tuition is a significant expenditure for SLUH families. But, we ask for additional contributions to the school because:
- Tuition is set at $2,125 less than the true Cost of Education. Contributions help bridge this gap.
- Our goal is to get as many families to contribute as possible. Parent giving is a sign of pride and gives families a chance - regardless of the gift size - to show their support for their son's SLUH experience.
- Gifts allow SLUH to empower talented, capable young men who only need access to show their full potential.