Where am I?
SLUH Hosts Eucharistic Congress
SLUH hosted a day-long family event – featuring live music, presentations, picnic-style food and gatherings, as well as Mass celebrated by Archbishop Robert Carlson – on June 25th as part of the Archdioceses Eucharistic Congress.
The Eucharistic Congress, a gathering of Christ’s faithful to celebrate the Lord’s presence in the Eucharist, took place over the course of three days and included a variety of events:
Friday, June 24: Archbishop George Lucas gave a presentation followed by Benediction and light refreshments at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis.
Saturday, June 25: About 2,000 people attended the event from noon until 9 p.m. on SLUH’s entire campus.
Sunday, June 26: His Eminence Raymond Cardinal Burke celebrated Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis. Archbishop Carlson closed the Congress with a celebration of the Corpus Christi Mass and led a procession from the Cathedral Basilica.
The theme for the Eucharistic Congress – Alive in the Body of Christ! – provided an opportunity for Christ’s followers to proclaim the Good News and learn more about the great gift of the Holy Eucharist.
- 12/09/2013 08:48:10 | Scholarship for Irish Boys Takes Flight
- 12/06/2013 10:38:25 | Fields ’14 Takes POL for Second Year in a Row
- 12/06/2013 10:31:07 | Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony Opens Garden
- 12/03/2013 16:08:42 | Iyer '14 to Publish Research
- 12/02/2013 13:33:54 | Robinson Triplets Hit Mark
- 11/25/2013 14:59:21 | Liberating Work
- 11/25/2013 11:14:18 | Godar ’14 Attends NJCL Meeting
- 11/19/2013 11:08:23 | Rising Young Star
- 11/18/2013 12:05:50 | Fathers, Sons Lend Helping Hand
- 11/18/2013 11:11:28 | SoccerBills Advance to Semifinals