Where am I?
4-Minute Mile Barrier Broken
SLUH hosted the fifth annual Festival of Miles, an action-packed track event that featured some of the nation's top athletes, on May 31st. The event, which helped to raise funds for an local runner who was injured in a road race, culminated with an impressive sub-four-minute mile performance by Jack Bolas.
Bolas finished in 3:59.75 in the elite men's mile event, in which professional runners competed to break four minutes in the mile and win prize money.
About 2,000 spectators attended the event, which was organized by Ben Rosario ’98 of Big River Running.
Most of the proceeds from ticket sales benefited Chris Lister, who was injured after being struck by a car while competing in a road race.
- 12/09/2013 08:48:10 | Scholarship for Irish Boys Takes Flight
- 12/06/2013 10:38:25 | Fields ’14 Takes POL for Second Year in a Row
- 12/06/2013 10:31:07 | Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony Opens Garden
- 12/03/2013 16:08:42 | Iyer '14 to Publish Research
- 12/02/2013 13:33:54 | Robinson Triplets Hit Mark
- 11/25/2013 14:59:21 | Liberating Work
- 11/25/2013 11:14:18 | Godar ’14 Attends NJCL Meeting
- 11/19/2013 11:08:23 | Rising Young Star
- 11/18/2013 12:05:50 | Fathers, Sons Lend Helping Hand
- 11/18/2013 11:11:28 | SoccerBills Advance to Semifinals