Where am I?
Saint Louis IX Statue Installed, Dedicated
The namesake of St. Louis University High now has a permanent and prominent presence at the School in the form of a statue at the western entrance to the main building. The statue was recently installed and dedicated in memory of Michael Beck '76.
Earlier this year, SLUH moved the statue of Saint Ignatius from the western doors of the main building to the southern Si Commons entrance at the vehicle turnaround. The statue of Saint Louis IX now rests in the former location of the Saint Ignatius statue.
Family and friends of Beck attended a Mass and dedication ceremony on Friday, July 15. The plaque on the statue reads:
“In memory of Michael Beck ’76 with gratitude for his generous commitment to and support of the young men of Saint Louis University High.”
The feast day of Saint Louis IX (1214-1270) is August 25.
Attendees at the dedication event received a prayer card that read: “O God, you called your servant Louis of France to an earthly throne that he might advance your heavenly kingdom; you gave him zeal for your church and love for your people. Mercifully grant that we, who commemorate Louis of France this day in the dedication of this statue, may be fruitful in good works, and attain to the glorious crown of your saints; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.”
- 12/03/2013 16:08:42 | Iyer '14 to Publish Research
- 12/02/2013 13:33:54 | Robinson Triplets Hit Mark
- 11/25/2013 14:59:21 | Liberating Work
- 11/25/2013 11:14:18 | Godar ’14 Attends NJCL Meeting
- 11/19/2013 11:08:23 | Rising Young Star
- 11/18/2013 12:05:50 | Fathers, Sons Lend Helping Hand
- 11/18/2013 11:11:28 | SoccerBills Advance to Semifinals
- 11/14/2013 14:56:06 | Chinese Idol
- 11/14/2013 11:33:33 | In Good Company
- 11/11/2013 14:50:32 | Team Speed Takes State Title