The commitment of St. Louis U. High to provide a safe and secure environment is evident throughout campus. Some recent updates and improvements include:
- Completed training and licensing for all security staff;
- Partnered with CrisisGo, a safety platform that helps with communication, community engagement and crisis management, in addition to an anonymous reporting mechanism for security threats and bullying;
- Professional Development plan continues to increase knowledge base, with plans to educate and train faculty/staff at in-services meetings.
- Increased frequency of emergency drills;
- Created Security Team for faculty/staff and students to discuss, evaluate and think; proactively about security;
- Added referrals to discipline reporting;
- Finalized an Emergency Operation Plan.
- Continued to upgrade cameras and place them strategically throughout campus;
- Installed visitor check-in management system with immediate background check, among other benefits;
- Effected lanyards and IDs required for all students, faculty and staff; badges for visitors.
- Established exterior classroom numbering for first responders;
- Relocated guard positioning for better visibility, circulation and management;
- Increased signage for more awareness;
- Installed access control system, locking exterior doors during school day.
- Added more cameras throughout the buildings;
- Implemented better firewalls to limit access to inappropriate and dangerous websites;
- Established greater security presence throughout the day.
- Enhanced faculty prefecting;
- Engaged the SLUH Emergency Preparedness Committee in an ongoing basis to monitor best practices and improvement areas.
SLUH continually integrates best practices and pursues new ideas and to instill safety and security. The school is currently implementing a comprehensive plan, which includes a variety of initiatives either already completed or ongoing:
- Background checks every three years for all school employees (already in place);
- Safety and security drills for students, faculty and staff;
- Go Bags and safety buckets;
- 3M Safety and Security Film for Classrooms and School Doors;
- Incident Command System training and Active Shooter Training for all faculty and staff;
- Reunification Plan;
- Emergency Operations Plan update;
- Campus safety and security monitors;
- Single entry school and related procedures.
- Ongoing: Security camera and server updates.
Dan Schulte '93
Asst. Dean of Students, Director of Security