We are a Catholic, Jesuit college-preparatory school for young men, committed to our presence in the City of St. Louis and dedicated to building Christ’s kingdom of truth, justice, love and peace. We serve young men based on their ability to succeed, rather than their economic circumstances.
Through a rigorous academic program, we help our students develop critical minds and a life-long devotion to learning that informs moral choices and transforms lives.
In addition to assisting in the intellectual, aesthetic, social, and physical formation of our students, we help them develop compassionate hearts by fostering habits of personal prayer, reflection, and service for the Greater Glory of God.
- Founded in 1818 as a Latin school for boys, St. Louis University High School is the oldest private Catholic high school west of the Mississippi River.
- SLUH is ranked in the top seven percent of schools in the nation for highest composite ACT score.
- Recognized as an Exemplary High Performing National Blue Ribbon School for 2015, and is consistently ranked among the ‘Best Schools’ in America by Niche, the largest website for researching K-12 schools.
- All seniors perform 120 hours of community service outside of school during the month of January.
- In addition to academic excellence, SLUH enjoys a rich tradition of athletic success, a strong commitment to the arts and a dedication to the development of faith based on serving other.
- Student body drawn from 189 Catholic elementary schools and public junior high schools, and from 93 zip codes in the St. Louis metropolitan area, on both sides of the river
- Campus located in the cultural/educational corridor of St. Louis adjacent to Forest Park, St. Louis Science Center, Zoological Park and the History Museum