- All SLUH students are required to provide and bring an electronic device to class with them every day.
- Students and parents/guardians must adhere to the SLUH Student Handbook and in particular to the Internet Policy section.
- Each teacher has the discretion to allow and regulate the use of devices in the classroom and on specific projects.
- Students are expected to arrive at school with their personal device fully charged for the day; batteries must have enough charge for each class. Electrical outlets dedicated to charging personal devices will not be available. A charging station with a limited number of charging ports is available in the Library.
- Students are not allowed to have cell phones on their person during the day.
- Student devices must have a label with the student's name or student ID
Freshman and Sophomore students are required to have an iPad. For details regarding specific requirements, visit this page: Devices for Freshman and Sophomore students
Junior and Senior students are required to bring the own devices, what is commonly known as a BYOD policy. For details regarding specific requirements, visit this page: Devices for Junior and Senior students
EACH STUDENT IS ALSO REQUIRED TO HAVE A HANDHELD GRAPHING CALCULATOR BY THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.
Graphing Calculator Requirements
- Any version of the Texas Instruments TI-84 series of calculators is acceptable. (If another handheld graphing calculator is chosen, the student will be responsible for learning how to use it.)
- The TI-89, the TI-92, or TI-Nspire CAS calculators are NOT allowed.
- Students should save the “TI Technology Reward Points” from the calculator package and bring it on the first day of class to their math teacher. TI allows us to redeem these points for free technology items.