- All St. Louis U. High students are required to bring an electronic device to class with them every day.
- Students are expected to arrive at school with their device fully charged for the day. Electrical outlets dedicated to charging personal devices will not always be available.
- Student devices must have a label with the student's name or student ID.
- Each teacher has the discretion to allow and regulate the use of devices in the classroom and on specific projects.
- Students are not allowed to have cell phones on their person during the day.
- Students and parents/guardians must adhere to the SLUH Student Handbook and in particular to the Internet Policy section.
Starting with the Class of 2026, SLUH will be leasing devices to all incoming freshmen.
Details for the Classes of 2026 and 2027 can be found here: School-issued Device Policy.
Members of the Classes of 2024 and 2025 are required to bring their own devices, what is commonly known as a BYOD policy. For details regarding specific requirements, visit: Bring Your Own Device Policy
In addition to the leased iPad, each student is required to purchase a handheld graphing calculator by the first day of school. This calculator will be used for all four years of the math curriculum.
Graphing Calculator Requirements
- Any version of the Texas Instruments TI-84 series of calculators is acceptable.
- The TI-89, the TI-92, or TI-Nspire CAS calculators are NOT allowed.
- Students should save the “TI Technology Reward Points” from the calculator package and bring it on the first day of class to their math teacher. TI allows us to redeem these points for free technology items.