Freshman Application Process
SLUH FOLLOWS THE TRADITIONAL ST. LOUIS ARCHDIOCESE 8TH GRADE ADMISSIONS PROCESS.
- CATHOLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS - The St. Louis Archdiocese Application / Transcript Release form will be available in your SLUH Admissions Account from October 14 - November 15, 2019.
- PUBLIC SCHOOL/OTHER STUDENTS - The St. Louis Archdiocese Application/Transcript Release form will be available in your SLUH Admissions Account from October 14 - November 15, 2019. If you come into the process after this time, we will provide a release form for you in your SLUH Admissions Account.
WE WILL ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED FRESHMEN ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Create or log in to your SLUH Admissions Account to access your personalized admissions menu.
- SLUH Online Application
Are you currently in 8th grade? Then, you are a SLUH Class of 2024 prospective student and should complete the SLUH Online Application by Friday, December 6th. The application is accessible through your SLUH Admissions Account
- Family Interview
Upon submission of the Online Application, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions to schedule your Family Interview. We encourage you to schedule early in order to have more options for interview time slots. Your Family Interview will be conducted by a member of the Admissions Committee. Our goal is to get to know you and answer all of your questions. Both applicant and parent(s) are required to attend.
- St. Louis Archdiocese Catholic High School Application / Transcript Release
(8th graders must complete this form in addition to the SLUH Online Application listed above). This form serves as a transcript release. Upon submission, Catholic elementary schools will forward your records, including grades and standardized test scores, to SLUH. This form is available online beginning on October 14, 2019. Check your SLUH Admissions Account for a link. If you are applying after this form has closed, we will provide you with a SLUH transcript release form.
- High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 at SLUH from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
- Sunday, December 8, 2019 at SLUH from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
As part of the admissions process, all 8th graders applying to SLUH are required to take the Scholastic Testing Service's High School Placement Test (HSPT). Merit Scholars Awards will be determined by performance on this test. Dates and registration for the HSPT can be found in your SLUH Admissions Account.
- The HSPT is a comprehensive test for 8th graders that provides national normative measures in the following cognitive and basic skills areas: verbal and quantitative skills, reading, mathematics, and language. The HSPT creates a baseline for the young men who attend our school as we witness their progress during their four years at SLUH.
- Decision Letters
We will mail all letters on Friday, January 31, 2020. You will also be able to view your letter on your SLUH Admissions Account so make sure to save your username and password. Preliminary financial aid and merit scholars awards will be included. Late applicants will receive their decisions on a rolling basis.
Transfer Application Process
SLUH welcomes applications from qualified 9th and 10th grade boys in the spring and summer of each year. Students are accepted on a rolling admissions basis. We do not consider transfer students for mid-year enrollment or into grade 12.
The 2020-21 transfer student application process will open in March of 2020. If you are interested in applying for a transfer, please complete the following steps in the order below:
1. Submit Transcripts
Prior to starting the application process, you must submit transcripts (prior 2 academic years plus current year). This should include final report cards, standardized test scores, and attendance/discipline records. The Admissions Committee will review your transcripts to determine if you meet our academic criteria. You will be contacted by the Admissions Office with the review outcome and possible next steps. To submit transcripts, please contact Jennifer Thomas at (314) 269-2099 or email@example.com.
2. Create or log in to your SLUH Admissions Account
If we invite you to continue the application process, you must create a SLUH Admissions Account in order to log in and access your personalized admissions menu.
3. SLUH Online Application
You will be required to complete our Online Application once your transcripts have been reviewed and approved by our Admissions Committee.
4. Family Interview
The Family Interview is an opportunity for you and your parents to meet with a member of the Admissions Committee. Our goal is to get to know you and answer all of your questions. Family Interviews are conducted at various times, Monday through Friday. Both applicant and parent(s) are required to attend. Upon submission of the Online Application, you will receive further instructions to schedule your Family Interview.
5. Admissions Decision
You will be contacted with the admissions decision shortly after completion of the entire process.
SLUH Provides Unlimited Opportunities.
You Define Who You Become.
Use your SLUH Admissions Account for:
- Admissions Event Registration
- Online Application
- Family Interview Scheduling
- Admission Letters
- Admitted Student Information