Freshman Application Process for the class of 2027
SLUH FOLLOWS THE TRADITIONAL ST. LOUIS ARCHDIOCESE 8TH GRADE ADMISSIONS PROCESS, BUT WILL CONDUCT ROLLING ADMISSIONS FOR QUALIFIED 8TH GRADERS BEGINNING IN FEBRUARY AND ONLY AS SPACE ALLOWS.
- CATHOLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS - The St. Louis Archdiocese Catholic High School Intent Form will be available in your SLUH Admissions Account and open from October through mid-November, 2022.
- PUBLIC SCHOOL/OTHER STUDENTS - The St. Louis Archdiocese Catholic High School Intent Form will be available in your SLUH Admissions Account and open from October through mid-November, 2022. If you come into the process after this time, we will provide a release form for you in your SLUH Admissions Account.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Create or log in to your SLUH Admissions Account to access your personalized admissions menu.
- SLUH Online Application for 8th graders, SLUH Class of 2027
Complete the SLUH Online Application by Friday, December 9th, 2022 The application is accessible through your SLUH Admissions Account.
- Family Interview
Schedule your Family Interview. We encourage you to schedule early in order to have more options for interview time slots. Your Family Interview will be conducted by a member of the Admissions Committee. Our goal is to get to know you and answer all of your questions. Both applicant and parent(s) are required to attend.
- St. Louis Archdiocese Catholic High School Intent Form
(8th graders must complete this form in addition to the SLUH Online Application listed above). This form serves as a transcript release. Upon submission, Catholic elementary schools will forward your records, including grades and standardized test scores, to SLUH. This form is available in your checklist and open from October through mid-November, 2022. If you are applying after this form has closed, we will provide you with a SLUH transcript release form in your checklist.
- High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- December 10th and 11th, 2022 / 8:30 - 12:00
- January 7th, 2023 / 8:30 - 12:00
- As part of the admissions process, all 8th graders applying to SLUH are required to take the Scholastic Testing Service's High School Placement Test (HSPT). Merit Scholars Awards will be determined by performance on this test. Dates and registration for the HSPT can be found in your SLUH Admissions Account checklist.
- The HSPT is a comprehensive test for 8th graders that provides national normative measures in the following cognitive and basic skills areas: verbal and quantitative skills, reading, mathematics, and language. The HSPT creates a baseline for the young men who attend our school as we witness their progress during their four years at SLUH.
- Decision Letters
We will mail all letters on Friday, January 27, 2023. You will also be able to view your decision letter and merit scholar award on your SLUH Admissions Account checklist. Preliminary financial aid awards will be available in your FACTS account. Late applicants will receive their decisions on a rolling basis.
Transfer Application Process
SLUH welcomes applications from qualified 9th and 10th grade boys in the spring and summer of each year. Students are accepted on a rolling admissions basis. We do not consider transfer students for mid-year enrollment or into grade 12.
The 2023-24 transfer student application process opens in mid-February.
If you are interested in applying for a transfer, please complete the following steps in the order below:
1. Submit Transcripts
Prior to starting the application process, you must submit transcripts (prior 2 academic years plus current year). This should include final report cards, standardized test scores, and attendance/discipline records. The Admissions Committee will review your transcripts to determine if you meet our academic criteria. You will be contacted by the Admissions Office with the review outcome and possible next steps. To submit transcripts, please contact Jennifer Thomas at (314) 269-2099 or email@example.com.
2. Create or log in to your SLUH Admissions Account
If we invite you to continue the application process, you must create a SLUH Admissions Account in order to log in and access your personalized admissions menu.
3. SLUH Online Application
You will be required to complete our Online Application once your transcripts have been reviewed and approved by our Admissions Committee.
4. Family Interview
The Family Interview is an opportunity for you and your parents to meet with a member of the Admissions Committee. Our goal is to get to know you and answer all of your questions. Family Interviews are conducted at various times, Monday through Friday. Both applicant and parent(s) are required to attend. Upon submission of the Online Application, you will receive further instructions to schedule your Family Interview.
5. Admissions Decision
You will be contacted with the admissions decision shortly after completion of the entire process.
SLUH Provides Unlimited Opportunities.
You Define Who You Become.
Use your SLUH Admissions Account for:
- Admissions Event Registration
- Online Application
- Family Interview Scheduling
- Admission Letters
- Admitted Student Information