St. Louis University High is excited to introduce our new strength and performance training program for our student-athletes or any student interested in enhancing their athleticism. This program will focus on foundational fitness and functional movement development to enhance a player's performance in their sport. This is a unique opportunity that allows our student-athletes to receive supplemental training year round on campus, or virtually, at St. Louis University High.
Our goals for implementing this strength and performance training program are:
- To support our students on campus by providing a convenient and affordable option for athletic performance training.
- To create a unified voice for our student-athletes that promotes consistency and quality with all-sports performance training.
- To educate our student-athletes on the finer aspects of athletic performance training, such as healthy nutrition, injury prevention, and other safe practices.
- To provide support and resources for coaches who may not have time for developing and leading athletic performance training.
- To enhance overall performance in and decrease injuries related to sports participation.
The summer session will begin June 1, 2020. Weekly sessions will be a combination of "live" workouts (two each week) along with recorded videos to provide multiple options for student-athletes for fitting in their training around schoolwork, service learning, and family life. We encourage students who are participating in this program to dedicate 3 days of strength training and 2 days of agility training to receive the most benefit and see the best results. This is an opportunity for you to personally excel at a higher level, and at the same time help our teams advance to a higher level in sport competition.
Thank you for participating in our new Jr. Bills Athletic Performance training program which will help continue to build upon the culture of excellence at St. Louis University High. If you have any questions please contact Assistant Athletic Trainer, Jon McCutchen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live TrainingJoin the "SLUH Summer Sweat" Virtual Training
w/Jon McCutchen & Alec Wallingsford
Mondays & Wednesdays
3:00 - 4:00pm
(Check for a Zoom link in your
student email at 2:55pm on these days)
Speed and Agility Training
Sports Therapy & Recovery