The St. Louis U. High strength and performance training program for our student-athletes or any student interested in enhancing their fitness and athleticism focuses on foundational fitness and functional movement development to enhance a player's performance in their sport. This is a unique opportunity that allows our student-athletes to receive supplemental training year round on campus, or virtually, at SLUH.
Our goals for implementing this strength and performance training program are to:
- Support our students on campus by providing a convenient and affordable option for athletic performance training.
- Create a unified voice for our student-athletes that promotes consistency and quality with all-sports performance training.
- Educate our student-athletes on the finer aspects of athletic performance training, such as healthy nutrition, injury prevention, and other safe practices.
- Provide support and resources for coaches who may not have time for developing and leading athletic performance training.
- Enhance overall performance in and decrease injuries related to sports participation.
Weekly sessions offer a combination of "live" workouts (two each week) along with recorded videos to provide multiple options for student-athletes for fitting in their training around schoolwork, service learning, and family life. We encourage students who are participating in this program to dedicate three days of strength training and two days of agility training to receive the most benefit and see the best results. This is an opportunity for participants to personally excel at a higher level, and at the same time help our teams advance to a higher level in sport competition.
Please contact Assistant Athletic Trainer, Jon McCutchen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Meet the trainers
(Athletic & Personal Trainer)
(Assistant Football Coach & Personal Trainer)
(Head Baseball Coach & Fitness Educator)
Live TrainingJoin the "SLUH Summer Sweat" Virtual Training
w/Jon McCutchen & Alec Wallingsford
Mondays & Wednesdays
3:00 - 4:00pm
(Check for a Zoom link in your
student email at 2:55pm on these days)
Speed and Agility Training
Sports Therapy & Recovery