2019 Meet Information & Results
As we receive updates for meets, we will post the information below. As the season goes on, check back on this page often for updates to race rosters, arrival times, and results.
2019 Season Performance Log | 2019 Season Honor Roll
(both to be updated as the season progresses)
- August 17 - 21st Annual Alumni Race (ALL)
- September 4 - O'Fallon Futures Inv. (B/C)
- September 7 - Granite City Invitational (V, B/C, Open)
- September 14 - Forest Park XC Festival (V, JV, C)
- September 21 - Paul Enke Invitational (V2, JV, C)
- September 27 - Ed White Invitational (V2, JV, C)
- September 28 - Palatine Invitational (V, JV)
- October 5 - Parkway West Invitational (V, JV, B, C)
- October 10 - MCC Championships (V, JV, C)
- October 19 - Borgia Invitational (V, JV, C)
- October 24 - Clayton Invitational (V2, JV)
- October 26 - District Championship (V)
- October 30 - Findley Invitational (JV, C)
- November 2 - Sectional Championship (V)
- November 9 - State Championship (V)
Saturday, August 17
On this day, we will again hold our annual Alumni race and barbecue. This two mile race is a fun way for all team members to start the season and establish work groups based on current levels of fitness.
This year's Alumni Race will again be held on the SLUH Track. Team members should meet at the SLUH Track at 8:30am. We will break the field into competitive waves, and the first race will go off at 10:00am.
The post-race BBQ will occur after the races and cool-downs have been completed. The coaches will collect BBQ RSVPs from the athletes throughout the first week of the season. Expect the day to be over and your son ready to leave SLUH by approximately 12:00pm.
Parents are welcome to attend the race, but the BBQ will be reserved for team members and alumni.
Wednesday, September 4
OTHS-Milburn Campus (650 Milburn School Rd, O'Fallon, IL 62269)
All freshmen and sophomores open up their racing season at O'Fallon (IL). They will be released from school early, board a bus, and go to the course. The freshmen race at 4:15pm, and the sophomores follow at 5:00pm. Those needing a return bus trip to school have that option, and the bus should arrive back to SLUH by about 6:45pm. Parents can take their son directly home from the meet. Juniors and seniors will have a normal practice at SLUH on this day. The meet is at the OTHS Milburn Campus, located at 650 Milburn School Road, O'Fallon, IL 62269. See below for previous years' results from O'Fallon.
Saturday, September 7
Wilson Park (2900 Benton St, Granite City, IL 62040)
All team members will compete or support at Granite City. The meet is at Wilson Park Ice Rink, behind Granite City High School. Our athletes will be in one of three races: varsity (top 7), B/C combined (only 7, chosen after O'Fallon from our roster of freshmen and sophomores), and an open division (all other team members). Fan parking is in front of the gymnasium or at Wilson Park. Here is the schedule for all the races on the day. SLUH races are in bold.
1. Varsity Girls - 8:30am
2. Varsity Boys - 3.0 miles - 9:10am - be at the team tent by 7:30am
3. B/C Boys - 3.0 miles - 9:40am - be at the team tent by 8:00am
4. JV Girls - 10:10am
5. Open Division - 3.0 miles - 10:50am - be at the team tent by 8:45am
Team awards will be given to the first and second place teams in the varsity division and first place for the B/C division. Individual medals for both those races go places 1-30. There are no medals or team awards for the open division. Everyone should be set to depart from the meet by 12:30pm.
Saturday, September 14
Forest Park (Aviation Field/Archery Range/Planetarium/Bowl Lake)
All team members will compete or support at Forest Park, our large home invitational.
On the meet website, you can find a full schedule of the 15 races on the day, a course map, and other meet information. The SLUH team tent will be with the other team tents on the Archery Range east of Aviation Field and behind the start line. Below are the times we are asking the boys to check in at our team tent.
- VARSITY (5k): Race at 10:40am, arrive by 9:00am. The Varsity awards ceremony is scheduled for 11:05am. The top 3 teams and 30 individuals earn awards in the varsity race.
- JUNIOR VARSITY (5k): Race at 1:10pm, arrive at 10:30am. All eligible, healthy, non-varsity sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be in this race. The JV awards ceremony is scheduled for 2:20pm. The top 3 teams and 30 individuals earn awards in the JV race.
- FRESHMEN (3k): Race at 2:05pm, arrive by 10:30am. All eligible, healthy freshmen will be in this race. The Freshmen Awards ceremony is scheduled for 3:20pm. The top 3 teams and 30 individuals earn awards in the freshman race.
No one should plan on leaving the meet until our team meeting and prayer after the freshman awards have been completed (or after meet clean-up, for those assigned). The meet clean-up will begin immediately after our team meeting. Clean-up should take 60-90 minutes.
Parent Volunteers and Athlete Workers
If you have yet to register as a volunteer, we are asking for your support as volunteers on the day of (or day before). We could really use more help! Please visit the volunteer registration form to let us know what you are able to do. Parent volunteers will be contacted by meet management on Tuesday with further details of their work assignments.
Additionally, below are the athletes who have been scheduled to help with clean up on Saturday. These athletes should plan to stay 60-90 minutes after the freshman awards. Check in with the coaches after that for coordination of jobs. Again, if you cannot fulfill your obligation to help clean up, it's the athlete's responsibility to let the coaches know who will take your place.
Parking and Street Closures in Forest Park
You should plan your arrival times with plenty of time for parking and getting to the course. Our meet will over 10,000 people!
IMPORTANT TRAFFIC FLOW NOTES FOR 2019
- The Upper Muny Lot will be available for FPXC parking (cars and buses).
- More street parking is available within the park (noted in green on the map). Please do not walk across the golf course. Stay on the sidewalks.
- Clayton Road will remain one way (going east) and ONLY bus traffic will be allowed (no cars).
- A park ranger will be present at the roundabout near the Jewel Box and will only let buses, volunteers and vendors through onto Clayton Road or into the volunteer parking lot.
- Cars should enter the park via Kingshighway if dropping off an athlete (and to access available street parking on that side of the park).
- Cars may enter the park via Hampton to access street parking on that side of the park.
Saturday, September 21
Sioux Passage Park (17930 Old Jamestown Rd, Florissant, MO 63034)
The team will return to the Paul Enke/Hazelwood Central Cross Country Invitational at Sioux Passage Park in Florissant. Here is how the meet website (see link above) describes the famous course at Sioux Passage:
"The 5000 meter course through Sioux Passage County Park is arguably one of the toughest cross country courses in Missouri due to its hilly terrain. The race starts by ascending the aptly named “Manmaker” hill. Runners then traverse a ridge before navigating a steep decline bringing them to the first mile mark. The beginning of the second mile leads into another challenging hill known as “Confidence Breaker” that continues to the right along the woods, even after you think you’ve made it to the top. It is followed by a steep down- and up-hill, the “Roller Coaster.” In the third mile, runners climb “Manmaker” for a second time before descending to the finish line."
Our races are listed below. Our top varsity team will not be racing at this meet. All non-racers will have their workout on the hills of Sioux Passage before the races begin.
- Varsity (40 medals; 3 team awards) - Race at 9:00am, arrive by 7:30am.
- Junior Varsity (30 medals, 1 team award) - Race at 10:10am, arrive by 8:40am. All non-varsity sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- Freshmen (20 medals, 1 team award) - Race at 11:30am, arrive by 9:00am.
Beginning at 12:15, there is an awards ceremony for the top 10 individuals and the team awards. Varsity placers 11-40, JV placers 11-30, and freshmen placers 11-20 will receive their medals in the finishing chute. All team members will be free to depart Sioux Passage after the awards ceremony, a short team meeting, and a team prayer. There is no bus for this meet.
PREVIOUS YEARS' PAUL ENKE RESULTS:
2018: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Freshman
2017: Meet cancelled
2016: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Freshman
2015: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Freshman
Friday, September 27
Arnold City Park (2400 Bradley Beach Rd., Arnold, MO 63010)
Those not travelling to Palatine will compete or support at the Ed White Invitational on Friday evening at Arnold Park. This group will also have 8:00am practice on Saturday 9/28.
- 4:00pm, Varsity Boys
- Arrive at 2:30pm
- Awards to top 2 teams and top 15 individuals
- 4:30pm, Varsity Girls
- 5:00pm, JV Boys
- All non-Palatine, sophomores, juniors, and seniors who aren't running varsity
- Arrive at 3:30pm
- Awards to winning team and top 15 individuals
- 5:20pm, JV Girls
- 5:50pm, Freshmen Boys & Girls combined
- All non-Palatine freshmen
- Arrive at 3:45pm
- Individual awards only to top 10 individuals
- 6:15pm, Middle School Boys
- 6:20pm, Middle School Girls
- 6:45pm, Awards
The Palatine Meet of Champions will take place in Palatine, IL, a northwest suburb of Chicago. It is a very competitive meet featuring top regional competition. We are looking forward to a great experience. Here are a few important pieces of information.
Competing athletes will be leaving SLUH around 9:00am on Friday, September 27. We will be traveling by bus. The team will head to the course (Deer Grove East Forest Preserve) to look at its terrain and then head to the hotel. We are planning on having dinner at a local restaurant and staying at a local hotel. We emailed the parents of competing athletes with more specific information about dinner and the hotel, as well as information about budgeting and expenses.
On Saturday morning, we will depart for the course and run in the JV and Varsity races. The varsity race is at 10:50am and the JV is at 11:50am. Awards begin at 12:20pm. Afterwards, we will grab lunch on our way back to St. Louis. The expected return time is about 8:00pm on Saturday.
Due to a road race being hosted that day at Deer Grove East Forest Preserve, parking will be at a premium. The best bet is to park at Palatine High School, 1111 N. Rohlwing Rd., Palatine, IL 60074. There will be shuttle taking spectators from the school to the course.
- 10:50am - Varsity (3.0 mile race)
- 11:50am - Junior Varsity (3.0 mile race)
Saturday, October 5
Living Word United Methodist Church (17315 Manchester Road, Wildwood, MO 63038)
On this day, the entire program will compete at the Parkway West Dale Shepherd Invitational. The meet is held on the campus of the Living Word United Methodist Church in Wildwood. This is a great meet to get the chance to go head to head against some of our best local competition. We are excited to put the strength of our full program forward and see where we stand at this midpoint in the season.
9:00am - JV Boys (All non-varsity juniors and seniors - arrive by 7:30am - awards to top team and 25 individuals)
9:30am - JV Girls
10:10am - Varsity Boys (arrive by 8:40am - awards to top two teams and 30 individuals)
10:40am - Varsity Girls
11:10am - Sophomore Boys (All non-varsity sophomores - arrive by 8:50am - awards to top team and 25 individuals)
11:40am - Fr/So Girls
12:20pm - Freshman Boys (All non-varsity freshmen - arrive by 8:50am - awards to top team and 25 individuals)
12:50pm - Awards Presentation
Everyone is to remain on site through the conclusion of the awards ceremonies and concluding prayer. That should put us at about a 1:30pm departure from the meet. Click here for further meet information. The following additional information comes from an email sent by the Meet Director.
2017 Results: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Sophomore | Freshmen
2016 Results: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Sophomore | Freshmen
2015 Results: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Sophomore | Freshmen
Parking will be tight at the meet - athletes and parents, please leave some extra time for parking and getting to the meet. The following information comes from an email sent by the Meet Director.
1) The "Wildwood BBQ Bash" is this weekend, only about a mile away from the course. They were able to reserve a couple of our normal parking lots before we could. It sounds like they are planning for a large crowd and will be running shuttle buses in the area on Saturday morning as early as 6 AM. We do have several parking lots reserved, but they are not quite as close to the course as the normal ones (about half a mile away rather than right next door)
2) Spectator Parking: Spectators should park in the Living Word Church Lot or the First Baptist Church Lot. When these lots are full, you will be directed to satellite lots.
3) Parents and athletes both should not park along Pond Road, Manchester Road, or Maple Avenue. Use only the assigned lots.
4) Athletes that are dropped off by parents should be dropped off at the the south entrance to the Church on Manchester Road.
Thursday, October 10
Jefferson Barracks Park, 533 Bagby Road, St. Louis, MO 63125
All team members will compete or support at Conference. Each year, this is a key meet for our program, as we race the other Metro Catholic Conference (MCC) schools: CBC, Chaminade, De Smet, and Vianney. We have a long tradition of success at this meet, and we are looking to continue that tradition. You can read about that tradition here. On the varsity level, we are racing to win our 16th consecutive conference team title.
This year, we are combining with the MWAA Conference meet. MWAA consists of of girls' teams from Cor Jesu, Incarnate Word, Nerinx Hall, St. Joseph's, Ursuline, Villa Duchesne, and Visitation. See below for the schedule of how the two conferences will each run their races.
4:00pm - Boys Varsity
4:20pm - Girls Varsity
4:40pm - Boys JV - all non-varsity sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
5:00pm - Girls JV
5:30pm - Boys Freshmen - all freshmen.
Awards will soon follow the final race of the day. Please note: we expect all team members to be in SLUH XC gear at meets! No exceptions. This includes any outer jackets.
On this day, we will need to leave early from SLUH, but it will be in two waves. Because they have the earliest race, the seven varsity racers will leave SLUH at 1:45. They should check out with a coach at the bulletin board prior to leaving by carpooling.
The rest of the team (injured or healthy) will be leaving after 6th period (2:15). They should dress out, meet a coach at the bulletin board, and head to Jefferson Barracks. There is a 2-way bus available for those who need it.
To help with the TEAM focus on this important day, we ask that everyone wear their team polos on Thursday and attend 7:20 Mass as a team.
Saturday, October 19
Big Driver Golf Center (275 Grand Ave, Washington, MO 63090-1209)
All non-varsity team members will compete or support at Borgia. At Borgia, we will run a "Varsity 2" team in the varsity division. The varsity will meet at SLUH for their own practice.
- 8:30am - JV - arrive by 7:00am - all non-varsity sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- 9:45am - Varsity - arrive by 8:15am.
- 10:45am - Freshman - arrive by 8:30am.
- Awards ceremony at 11:30am
- Plaques awarded for top three teams in each race
- Individual medals for top 25 in each race
- Individual plaques for the champions of the varsity races
- Team medals to the top team in the Varsity division
- Big Driver Golf Center
275 Grand Avenue
Washington, MO 63090-1209
- Borgia Invitational Course Map
- Directions from SLUH. There is no bus.
Results from 2018: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Freshmen
Results from 2017: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Freshmen
Results from 2016: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Freshmen
Results from 2015: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity | Freshmen
Thursday, October 24
Shaw Park (27 S Brentwood Blvd, Clayton, MO 63105)
A small group of athletes, including all non-District seniors, will compete in one of two divisions at the Clayton Invitational. Everyone else will practice at SLUH earlier that afternoon and are not expected to be at the meet.
- 3:45pm race - Boys Varsity - Arrive at 2:15pm.
- 4:45pm race - Boys JV - Arrive at 3:15pm.
- Team awards: 1st and 2nd place plaques in each division
- Individual awards: Top 35 in each race
- Results can be tracked here.
- No official awards ceremony at Clayton; athletes can pick up Top 35 Medals immediately following result postings at the tent located near the tennis courts.
Location and Course Information:
2018: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity
2017: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity
2016: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity | Junior Varsity
2015: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity
Saturday, October 26
In Cross Country, the District Championship is the first "do or die" meet for teams and individual runners. Around the state, there are eight districts. Every school with a cross country team is eligible to compete at their District meet. In 2017, 99 different Class 4 schools (SLUH's class) competed at one of the eight district meets around the state. There will be a similar number this year. In Class 4, each District qualifies the top four teams and any individuals in the top 30 from non-advancing teams to the Sectional meet. The season ends for teams or individuals who don't make that cut-off. From those 99 teams that start at District will emerge a team champion at the State meet two weeks later.
Though only seven of our athletes will race, all team members will arrive in time to support our varsity, complete their own practice, and be on hand for the awards presentation. The lineup and schedule is below.
Location and Course Information:
Previous Years' District Results:
- 2018: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity
- 2017: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity
- 2016: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity
- 2015: SLUH Results & Splits | Varsity
Additionally, you can read about some historical performances by our teams at the District meet. We are proud of our record of successes at the District meet.
Wednesday, October 30
Jefferson Barracks Park, 533 Bagby Road, St. Louis, MO 63125
On this day, the JV and C teams will conclude their season. All team members who are not racing at Sectional will race at Findley. There will be a two-way bus from SLUH to the meet. Parents are welcome to take their sons home directly from the meet.
Freshmen will race at 4:15pm, and the junior varsity races at 4:55pm. An awards ceremony will follow the JV race, along with the traditional year-end spread of food supplied by team parents. After the race, we will also re-collect everyone's team-issued racing singlets. All other uniforms items are yours to keep and can be re-used in upcoming track & field and cross country seasons. This is the final day of the season for team members who are not on the State Travel Team or who are competing at NXN. No one else is expected to be at practice beyond this point.
4:15pm - Freshman race - all freshmen - 2 team trophies, 25 medals
4:55pm - Junior Varsity race - all sophomores, juniors, and seniors who aren't racing at Sectional - 2 team trophies, 25 medals
ASAP - Awards + Celebration
2018: SLUH Results & Splits | Junior Varsity | Freshmen
2017: SLUH Results & Splits | Junior Varsity | Freshmen
2016: SLUH Results & Splits | Junior Varsity | Freshmen
2015: SLUH Results & Splits | Junior Varsity | Freshmen
Saturday, November 2At the Sectional Championship, qualifying teams and individuals from two districts merge and battle for the honor of qualifying for the State Meet. At Sectional, the top four teams and top 30 individuals qualify onward to State. Only members of the State Travel Team are required to be at the meet, though all team members are encouraged to come and support their team in pursuit of a 27th-consecutive qualification for the State meet.
We will pass along location and time information when it is made available to us.
Saturday, November 9
Gans Creek Recreation Area (3350 E Gans Rd, Columbia, MO 65201)
On this date, we hope to compete in the MSHSAA State Championships at Gans Creek Recreation Area in Columbia. This will be the first year racing at the new State course in Columbia. This would be the 42nd time we have qualified for State, tied for most among Class 4 schools. In those 41 previous appearances, we have earned 15 State Trophies (given to the Top 4 teams) and have won six team titles. As is the goal with any year, our goal is to have our best race of the season at State.
- Class 1 Boys - 9:00am
- Class 2 Boys - 9:35am
- Class 1 Girls - 10:10am
- Class 2 Girls - 10:50am
- Class 3 Girls - 11:30am
- Class 4 Boys - 12:05pm
- Class 3 Boys - 12:35pm
- Class 4 Girls - 1:05pm
- Class 1 Girls and Boys @ Approximately 10:45 a.m.
- Class 2 Girls and Boys @ Approximately 11:15 a.m.
- Class 3 Girls and Boys @ Approximately 1:00 p.m.
- Class 4 Girls and Boys @ Approximately 1:30 p.m.
LOCATION AND COURSE INFORMATION:
- Gans Creek Recreation Area (3350 E Gans Rd., Columbia, MO 65201)
- MSHSAA will be charging admission to the meet. Admission is $8.00 per person ages 6 and over.
- All team members are encouraged to attend to cheer on our team. We encourage athletes and families to carpool to Columbia that morning to witness the final race of the season.
- There are other races going on all morning that you can watch to learn the lay of the land.