Season Info & Registration
2017-2018 PLAYER FEES
Freshmen (regardless of team): $235.00
Upperclassmen (Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors): $275.00
Payment for the Player Fee must be paid no later than November 30, 2017. The Player fee will increase by $50 on December 1, 2017. If you register prior to the deadline, but have not paid the fee by November 30, 2017, a late fee of $50 will be added to your account. You will not be permitted to try-out or play on any team if there is any outstanding balance on your account as of the start of try-outs.
Once you are assigned to a team, you may have an additional Team Fee added to your online account. Payment for the Team Fee must be paid prior to the first game for that team. You will not be permitted to participate in the first game, or any activities thereafter, if there is any outstanding balance on your account as of the first game for that team.
Freshmen will pay an additional $70 (actual cost, no mark-up) for a SLUH customized equipment bag to be used for all 4 years.
There will be an additional JV Team fee for travel to Memphis. This fee is $285.00 per player. If you are a new player to the program and assigned to that team, then you will have a $70 bag fee added to your account.
Players that make the Varsity team will pay an additional team fee for travel.
An additional team fee for each Varsity player will be collected for the out-of-town tournaments, and is currently $585.00 (includes travel fee). Please note: This figure may change once final travel arrangements are made.
No player should be excluded due to their financial situation. If you wish to play for SLUH Lacrosse but are unable to pay either the Registration or Team Fees, please contact Don Killian, the SLUH Lacrosse Treasurer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance. Any assistance request will be confidential and will not be shared with the Coaching staff.
From time to time, the SLUH Lacrosse Club may make various items available for online purchase (i.e. hats, sweatshirts, etc.). When items are made available, you will receive a notification as to date range for which the Online Store is open. Any items that have been ordered, but payment in full has not been received by the deadline, will be deleted from the system and not processed.
All payments to SLUH Lacrosse, whether they are for player fees, team fees, or from the store, will only be accepted online. Said payments will post on your credit card statement under "SLUH LACROSSE". If you dispute a valid charge from SLUH Lacrosse, you will be required to provide a signed letter confirming that you disputed the charges in error within 5 calendar days of notice from SLUH Lacrosse. If you do not submit the letter by the deadline, you will be required to submit certified funds for the total of the charges disputed plus $25 per disputed charge. If you do submit the letter as required, you will be required to submit certified funds for $25 per disputed charge to SLUH Lacrosse within 5 calendar days of notice (this will typically occur about 2 weeks after we receive your letter). If you fail to meet the performance criteria outlined above for credit card dispute processing, you will you will not be able to participate in any activities until such time as your account has been cleared.
Registration Fees can be refunded for those that register, pay, and then leave the Club under the following rules:
1) Anyone registering and then withdrawing prior to December 1, 2017, will receive a full refund.
2) Anyone cut from a team will receive a full refund.
3) Any time between December 1, 2017 until assigned to a Team: Refund will be amount paid less $50
4) Once assigned to a Team and before the first scheduled game for that Team:
a) If the Team assigned had any cuts: No Refund
b) If the Team assigned did not have any cuts: Refund will be amount paid less $50, less amount of any apparel.
5) Once assigned to a Team and after the first scheduled game for that Team: No Refund
Team Fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
Online Store purchases are not refundable under any circumstances.
To clarify this week’s activities:
1. Varsity tryouts/practices start tomorrow at 9 am, beginning with a fitness test, and practice afterwards, on Stadium field. ALL levels are welcome to try out for Varsity and your sons have received communications about this. The day tomorrow should be
done by 11:30. NOTE: PLAYERS WHO DO NOT INTEND TO TRYOUT FOR VARSITY DO NOT HAVE TO BE THERE TOMORROW, February 19!!! They can tryout for JV/Frosh as set forth below in paragraph number 2.
All other Varsity times this week are as set forth in the below email circulated last week.
2. JV and Frosh separate practices/tryouts begin Thursday—Frosh at 3:30 pm at Compton Drew; JV at 3:30 pm on the Stadium Field. Note: Frosh players can try out for JV and still pLay Frosh if that is what the coaches decide.
MSLA season opens February 19, 2018. Try-outs will begin on February 19th , 2018 at 9:00 AM with a fitness and running test, followed by practice. Practice will end no later than 11:30 AM. You will need all equipment including cleats and tennis shoes. Try-outs will be held on the stadium field. All levels are invited to tryout. Any athlete playing a winter sports will be able to tryout, once they return.
Try-outs will be the same as prior years with skill evaluations taking place on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, with the anticipation to have our Varsity team solidified by Thursday afternoon's practice. We will again have coaches from all levels involved with the evaluation, enabling us to give each and every player a fair look. Remaining Tryout/Practice times will begin at 5:30 or earlier dependent upon Coach Toussaint's availability. Practices will run 1.5 hours. Coach Brown will be administering a study hall prior to practice with students excused by 4:45/5:00 to prepare for tryouts. Room TBD. Coach will utilize his Canvas Page with updates.
All players are encouraged to try-out for the Varsity team and this will not impact your ability to play on the JV or Freshman team if you do not make the Varsity team. If you are not selected for Varsity, you will be redirected to either the JV or Freshman team.
For All Levels:
1) ALL helmets MUST be clean of any stickers from the summer or last season. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2) Every Player must have a WHITE piece of athletic tape with their LAST name written on the front of their helmet.
3) Full gear required, including Mouth Guard
4) Players are expected to wear sweats and hoodies to practice. If the athlete does not have SLUH apparel, it is acceptable to wear alternate sweats and hoodies.
Please refer to the information under Varsity tryouts. While it is extremely encouraging to see the strong numbers of younger players at SLUH, there also comes the reality of a selection process. With close to 100 kids interested in the program it will be necessary for the coaches to select the best kids to make up the team. Be sure to bring all gear, cleats and tennis shoes.
(Try-outs)/Practices will begin the February 22, 2018. Practice will take place on Compton Drew (upper field behind the Science Center). Please refer to the information under Varsity tryouts. While it is extremely encouraging to see the strong numbers of younger players at SLUH, there also comes the reality of a selection process. With close to 100 kids interested in the program it will be necessary for the coaches to select the best kids to make up the team. Be sure to bring all gear, cleats and tennis shoes.
POST TRY-OUT ROSTER CHANGES
A "New Player" is defined as someone that did not get assigned to a Team during the initial try-out sessions at the beginning of the season. All new player considerations will be reviewed directly by the Executive Board prior to evaluation.
Once approved for consideration, a new player must submit all necessary paperwork and provide a non-refundable try-out fee of $50. Once that is received and confirmed by the Registrar, a player evaluation will be scheduled with the Head Coach, or appropriate Coaching staff member(s). It is at the complete discretion of the Coaching staff to either accept or decline addition of the New Player and to place the new player on a team as they see fit. Because of this, it is recommended that any New Player contact either the Coaching staff or a Board member in advance of submitting their paperwork or payment to assess the chances of being accepted.
If accepted onto a Team, the Registration Fee and Team Fee must be paid online within 5 calendar days.
The SLUH Lacrosse Club utilizes both an online registration service to complete the payment and player registration, and a paper process where the forms mentioned below must be printed (from this website) and submitted to the Club Registrar to complete your registration process on time to avoid late fees. Please see above for team fees. Please note: When you choose your son's grade in ezroster it will know the appropriate player fee to charge.
Please register online here http://ezrosters.com/sluh-lax
For new players, you will enter your e-mail address and then click on the Create Account link at the bottom of the page and the system will walk you through what you need to do to register. You can see steps below for guidance. All payments will post on your credit card statement under "SLUH LACROSSE CLUB, ST. LOUIS. MO". If you dispute a valid charge from SLUH Lacrosse, you will be liable for $25 per disputed charge.
If you are a returning player, you will use your prior log-in information. If you have forgotten your password, simply type in your e-mail address and select 'forgot your password?' and the system will e-mail you a new password.
Follow these steps (once you have your login info) in Ezroster:
1 - login
2 - on the right of player's name in the section that starts with Children, click on Registration Info
3 - you'll see an open registration for lacrosse - click on Register to the right under Action
4 - fill out the registration info (position, level played last year, and helmet style. Helmet style is to make sure we have the correct SLUH stickers for your style. )
5 - accept the release/waiver
6 - once you finish that, it will display a confirmation page - you can print a copy of the confirmation. Then click the link to finish the registration process
7 - at this point you will see a yellow ribbon across the top to pay. Click the link to review your items and make your payment.
Freshmen (regardless of team) - $235.00
Upperclassmen (Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors) - $275.00 ($325 beginning December 1, 2017)
8 - there is a yellow banner at the bottom of the page once you are done selecting your items that says Make Payment Online
9 - enter your credit card information and then submit. Wait until you see a Payment Complete box pop up.
10 - log out of the system
You will receive an e-mail from the Club Registrar, Jorie O'Malley, automatically when you complete your registration. Once you pay, you will receive an e-mail from email@example.com confirming payment.
PLAYER FEE AND REGISTRATION FORMS are due before December 1, 2017 to:
c/o Jorie O'Malley
522 Oaks Ct.
Webster Groves, MO 63119
- Uniform Deposit Form (click here to download) - Every player must submit a post-dated check for $100 stapled to the Uniform Deposit Form to the Registrar. The check should be dated June 1, 2017 and made payable to SLUH Lacrosse. This check will be destroyed at the end of the season when you return your uniform game jerseys and/or game shorts in good condition. If you do not return your uniform, the check will be cashed and used to replace your uniform.
- Emergency Treatment Consent Form (click here to download) - Every player must submit this form to the Registrar.
- SLUH Physical Form: you need to download this from SLUH's website and turn this form into Kim Bruhn(Last name A-M) or Jon McCutchen (Last name N-Z)
- The Physical Form signed by the player’s physician must be on file at SLUH. Please contact Jon McCutchen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kim Bruhn at email@example.com to check if your physical form has been received. *Freshman already have a form on file as well as upper classman that play SLUH Fall sports. *Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors will NOT be allowed to try out for any team until they have submitted their physical form. *Physical forms cannot be given to the coaches. Please do not wait until the last minute - no one will be allowed to try-out with a physical on file. No exemptions - SLUH policy.
- MSLA requires every player to have a US Lacrosse number. US Lacrosse Membership is an ANNUAL membership. This membership is required for all lacrosse play whether it is for indoor, camps, select clubs, etc. US Lacrosse will notify you when your annual fee is due. Players will keep the same number as long as they continue to stay current on membership. See US Lacrosse website for membership info or to lookup your lacrosse number http://www.uslacrosse.org/TopNav/Membership/USLacrosseMembership.aspx Freshman and new players will need to add their US Lacrosse number to the ezroster system on the "Children" tab.
Your registration is considered complete when you have finished the following tasks:
- Registered online via Ezrosters (you will receive e-mail confirmation when you have successfully registered online)
- Paid your player fee online (you will receive e-mail confirmation when you have successfully paid online)*
- Submitted your physical form to Mr. McCutchen or Ms. Bruhn
- Mailed uniform deposit check and form to the Registrar
- Mailed the emergency treatment consent form to the Registrar
* If you register but do not pay your player fee by December 1, the additional $50 fee will be applied.