Club Info & Volunteer Opportunities
The St. Louis University High School Lacrosse Club is dedicated to organizing, developing, and promoting the sport of lacrosse within the St. Louis University High School community. The Club is dedicated to developing the Jesuit values of sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play, character, leadership and scholastic achievement while fielding competitive lacrosse teams and preparing scholar athletes to achieve their full future potential.
- The Club
- Team Website
- Practices & Games
- Player Eligibility
- Parent Involvement
- Parent Board, Event Chairs, and Volunteer Sign Ups 2018-19
SLUH Lacrosse is a club sport governed and financed by its members and St. Louis University High School. There is a governing Board composed of six elected officers, a faculty moderator and a coach’s representative. The Board meets through the school year and conducts the business of the Club in adherence with the Club’s by-laws.
Operational expenses include (but are not limited to):
- Coaching staff and their expenses
- Referee fees
- Trainer fees
- Field maintenance
- MSLA dues
- Tournament & league fees
- Team equipment and uniforms
There are 3 teams:
- Junior Varsity
- Freshman (C-Team)
Team placement is based on skill level and ability, and is entirely up to the coaches' discretion. Freshmen may try-out for Varsity and Junior Varsity. The coaches are solely responsible for determining playing time and direction of play. Starting positions and playing time are not guaranteed to anyone. Team sizes will be limited to ~30 players at the Freshman and JV level and ~32 players at the Varsity level.
- Practices are mandatory, beginning in February and will take place daily until the season ends in mid-May.
- Varsity and JV practice on the SLUH football field while Freshmen practice on the Compton-Drew middle school field behind SLUH. Varsity practices begin at 4:30pm and JV & Freshmen practices begin at 3:30pm.
- Varsity will play ~ 16 games, JV will play ~15 games and Freshmen ~14 games. This does not include tournament or play-off games.
- It is the player's responsibility to have transportation to and from games and practices.
- Driving directions to all away games will be provided on the web site.
- There will be games and practices during Spring Break. The exact dates of practices & games over the break will not be known until the league schedule is completed. We will get you that information as soon as it is available.
- If a player has to miss a practice or game it is imperative that the player let the coach know as far in advance as possible.
- Any player who misses any practice or game during the lacrosse season for an unexcusedabsence will be subject to extra conditioning during/after practice, and/or decreased playing time in games, and/or dismissal from the team. Please reference the Coaches’ Expectations.