Fr. Marco Cup
The 16th annual Fr Marco Cup
April 18, 2020 - NOW POSTPONED
Hosted by SLUH - stay tuned for further updates
The Fr. Marco Cup is an annual tribute lacrosse event between all three levels of the De Smet and St. Louis U. High Jesuit Lacrosse Clubs, the two Jesuit powerhouses from St. Louis, Missouri.
The event honors Fr. Michael Marchlewski (Fr. Marco), who has served for many years teaching at both schools and has been a spiritual leader for both lacrosse clubs.
In keeping with the Jesuit mission, the clubs choose to be “Men for Others”, expressing through their competition the Greater Glory of God and giving back to organizations in the St. Louis area in a day filled with fellowship, fun, and great lacrosse.
The Fr. Marco Cup is the traveling prize awarded to the winner of the varsity game.
All net proceeds go directly to organizations supported. Since its inception in 2005, the event has raised more than $200,000.
Game times: Freshman at 10 AM - JV at 12 PM - Varsity at 2 PM
Mass: Celebrated in the SLUH chapel approx. 20-30 minutes following Varsity game ~ 4:30 PM
Registration Must be completed by March 20Charity Organizations Supported
All donations originate from Team Families & Alumni
Loyola Academy of St. Louis is a Jesuit middle school for boys who have the potential for college preparatory work, but whose progress may be impeded by economic or social circumstances.
Provides scholarships, mentoring and lacrosse instruction to economically disadvantaged youth in the St. Louis area
1) Access this site and establish a login.
Please note that this is a De Smet hosted Site:
EVERYONE MUST REGISTER FOR LUNCH TO GET AN ACCURATE FOOD COUNT.
2) On the site request meal tickets for your immediate family. Please DO NOT include the athlete. Immediate family includes player’s parents and siblings. These are free of charge. Players and their immediate families enjoy a complimentary, BBQ lunch! Additional lunch wristbands are available for purchase for $11/person. Lunch includes pulled pork BBQ, burgers, hot dogs, snacks and drinks.
3) Purchase any additional meal tickets that you may need for any additional family or friends OR share the link with family and friends. Cost is $11 per person for BBQ, sides, drink and dessert.
4) Purchase any Fr. Marco Cup shirts that you may want. Please DO NOT include your son. His shirt will be provided by the club. These are $15 each. Feel free to share the link. Pre-Order price $15.00. Game Day price $20 (game day very limited stock and size).We encourage everyone (friends/family) to purchase a shirt and wear it to the event.
5) Consider sponsoring the event at one of the identified levels or forward to friends/businesses who may be willing to sponsor the event. All sponsors will have their name or logo on the back of the shirt and event program. They will also receive a free shirt.
Include name as it should appear on back of shirt and free shirt size in the Comment Box
Send Logo in JPEG format if you are a Platinum ($500 sponsor) along with size of free shirt to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Volunteer to work the day of the event. We need MANY volunteers to ensure the event is successful: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904084EABAC2FA2FB6-16th
If you want to take a more active role, we are still seeking some committee leads. Please volunteer via this site: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090548aaa72da75-frmarco.
Again, complete this ASAP – deadline identified by De Smet is Mar 20. We must submit the shirt order by Mar 23. There will only be a limited supply on hand the day of.
If you have any questions, please contact Dana at 314-249-8366 or Jenny at 314-484-0341.
Please help us make this the best year yet – adding to the over $170K that has been raised throughout the years.
Dana Booher/Jenny Obert
2020 Fr. Marco Cup Chairs
GENTLY USED EQUIPMENT COLLECTION
Accepting donation of any used Lacrosse cleats, gloves, pads, helmets, sticks and balls in usable condition. Collection benefits to the Loyola Academy lacrosse program.
Please bring items to game day for collection.