Lent is a season within the Church year when we return - in big and small ways - to our commitment to grow in friendship with Christ. It is a season when we walk with Christ towards Jerusalem, the place of his most bitter defeat and his triumphant victory. As we walk on this journey, we are invited to see more and more how the story of Christ is our story too, how his journey resonates with our own.
It is for this reason that we will offer periodic reflections over daily readings throughout Lent. These reflections are about how the daily readings have inspired, challenged and moved those who have written them. It is our hope that these reflections might invite members of our SLUH community into a deeper consideration of how the Word of God speaks to us in the midst of our ordinary lives.
Each Sunday, the SLUH community will receive an email with the day's reflection. Additionally, each reflection will be available for viewing here on this site.
- Ash Wednesday: February 14, 2018 - Mr. Brian Gilmore
- First Sunday of Lent: February 18, 2018 - Mr. John Penilla
- Second Sunday of Lent: February 25, 2018 - Mr. Craig Hannick
- Third Sunday of Lent: March 4, 2018 - Mrs. Kate Toussaint
- Fourth Sunday of Lent: March 11, 2018 - Mr. Sean Agniel ("Rivers of Babylon" Melodians)
- Fifth Sunday of Lent: March 18, 2018 - Ms. Tracy Lyons ("I Have Made Mistakes" The Oh Hellos)
- Palm Sunday: March 25, 2018 - Mrs. Mary Michalski
- Monday of Holy Week: March 26, 2018 - Mr. Jim Linhares
- Tuesday of Holy Week: March 27, 2018 - Dr. Kevin Foy
- Wednesday of Holy Week: March 28, 2018 - Mr. David Laughlin
- Holy Thursday: March 29, 2018 - Mr. Brian Gilmore
- Good Friday: March 30, 2018 - Fr. Ralph Houlihan, SJ
- Holy Saturday: March 31, 2018 - Mr. Dominic LaMantia
- Easter Sunday: April 1, 2018 - Mr. Brian Gilmore
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT LENT?
Archive: Lent 2016 Reflections
Archive: Lent 2015 Reflections
Archive: Lent 2014 Reflections