The Eucharist is the center of life at SLUH. We celebrate the Eucharist in a variety of settings:
- Daily: Daily Mass is offered in the Main Chapel at 7:20 a.m. Students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and friends of SLUH are invited and encouraged to attend.
- All-School: In 2017-18, the entire SLUH community will gather in the Si Commons to celebrate all-school Masses for the following five occasions: Mass of the Holy Spirit (August 25), All-School Service Day in honor of the Bicentennial (October 20), All Saints' Day (November 1), Immaculate Conception (December 8), Ash Wednesday (February 14), and the Mass of Praise and Gratitude (April 27). Students are involved in many areas of ministry for these special occasions, including as instrumental and vocal musicians, lectors, servers, and Eucharistic ministers (seniors only).
- Class: Each student celebrates four Masses with his classmates and homeroom teachers. These Masses occur during activity period in the school chapel. As with the All-School Masses, students help prepare the celebration by choosing themes and taking part as servers, lectors, musicians, and Eucharistic ministers.
- Family: We annually celebrate Masses to strengthen and celebrate the important role family life plays in our students' development. Our Family Mass is Sunday, September 10, 2017 and the Mother-Son Mass & Banquet is Sunday, October 29, 2017.
- Grandparents: Grandparents and grandsons celebrate the Eucharist together annually to re-emphasize the meaning and value of their special relationship in the context of liturgy. Our Grandparent Mass for the year is Sunday, April 15, 2018.
Each year a number of Seniors are trained and commissioned to serve as Eucharistic Ministers for SLUH Masses. The commissioning happens at the Mass of the Holy Spirit. Seniors interested in this opportunity should talk with Campus Ministry at the start of the school year.
One of the many ways that SLUH students participate in Mass is through serving. If you have served before or if you have not and are interested in serving, check with Campus Ministry about opportunities to serve at Mass.