September 27-29, 2017
The Art Retreat is a three day, two night, elective retreat whose purpose is to examine the ways that artistic expression can serve as a pathway to increased knowledge about the self, increased knowledge of the transcendent, and a deeper level of participation in the world around us. This retreat welcomes different forms of artistic expression, including the visual arts, poetry, movement, music, and acting.
This is a retreat open to a small group of juniors and seniors. Juniors have reached their maximum capacity for September 2017, and senior registration is now open. To register for the Art Retreat, a student should:
- Go to: connection.naviance.com/sluh.
- Log in with his Naviance account information. If he needs help logging in to Naviance, he should click the forgotten password link and follow the prompts. Note: parents cannot register their sons for retreats with their own Naviance accounts.
- Click on the x2vol link in the left sidebar.
- Click on “Find Opportunities.” Retreat choices are listed on that next page. To help find the Art Retreat, click the "Modify Search" button and type "Retreat" in the opportunity field to quickly see all the retreat choices.
- Click on the Art Retreat link, and on the next page, click the green "Sign Up" button.
ART RETREAT STUDENT QUOTES
"This retreat helped me feel more comfortable expressing myself and getting over my fears of performing in front of my peers. I learned to find beauty in other art forms from others."
"I learned that God does in fact work through me, through my art. That's something I've never really considered."
"The Art Retreat gives you an opportunity to escape from the busy and noisy world and spend time in peace and creativity."