January 6-8, 2019
The Manresa Retreat is a three day, two night retreat in which seniors are invited to explore the power of prayer and reflection in silence, in the tradition of St. Ignatius. The title of the retreat comes from St. Ignatius' experience at Manresa where, among other experiences, he sat down at the River Cardoner and began to find clarity about the purpose and direction of his life. Seniors are invited into personal prayer, group sharing and one-on-one conversation to talk about their lives and how God might be working in their lives as they look beyond high school.
Dates for the Manresa Retreat for the upcoming school year are January 6-8, 2018. This retreat is an excused absence from a student's Senior Project, meaning a senior wouldn't have to make up the two days of Senior Project he would miss.
For questions concerning the Manresa retreat, please contact Mr. Brian Gilmore at (314) 531-0330 x2130 or email@example.com.
To register for the Manresa Retreat, a student should:
- Go to: connection.naviance.com/sluh.
- Log in with his Naviance account information. If he needs help logging in to Naviance, he should click the forgotten password link and follow the prompts. Note: parents cannot register their sons for retreats with their own Naviance accounts.
- Click on the x2vol link in the left sidebar.
- Click on “Find Opportunities.” Retreat choices are listed on that next page. To help find the Manresa Retreat, click the "Modify Search" button and type "Retreat" in the opportunity field to quickly see all the retreat choices.
- Click on the Manresa Retreat link, and on the next page, click the green "Sign Up" button.
The student cost for this retreat is $50, a fee that covers a portion of the total cost. Speak with Mr. Gilmore if the cost is an issue. It is the school's philosophy that cost should never prohibit a student from attending a retreat that he desires to attend.
In the words of STUDENTs...
"I've figured out a little bit more of what I truly believe, and I've learned that it helps to write out my thoughts so I can understand them better."
"The Manresa Retreat offers a taste of both the Spiritual Exercises and adult retreats in general. Its quiet tone is ideal for a genuine encounter with the Divine and for a deepening of one's faith."