November 26-27, 2019
The Philia Retreat is an overnight retreat at the Pallottine Renewal Center in Florissant, MO, which offers sophomores, juniors, and seniors the opportunity to reflect on issues of diversity from a spiritual perspective. Sponsored by ACES, the retreat is meant for students who have committed themselves to thinking about diversity in advance of the retreat experience. As a prerequisite for attending the Philia Retreat, retreatants are expected to have attended ACES meetings regularly or to be otherwise engaged with diversity at SLUH. Speak with ACES moderator Mr. Dan Schuler in the Math Office (or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about whether this would be a good retreat for you. This retreat fulfills the Junior Retreat Requirement.
To register for the Philia Retreat, a student should:
- Go to: connection.naviance.com/sluh.
- Log in with his Naviance account information. If he needs help logging in to Naviance, he should click the forgotten password link and follow the prompts. Note: parents cannot register their sons for retreats with their own Naviance accounts.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Naviance homepage & click the word X2Vol in the blue box.
- Click on “Find Opportunities.” Retreat choices are listed on that next page. To help find the Philia Retreat, click the "Modify Search" button and type "Retreat" in the opportunity field to quickly see all the retreat choices.
- Click on the Philia Retreat link, and on the next page, click the green "Sign Up" button.
Because the school has fully-funded retreats for juniors, is no charge for juniors who wish to attend this retreat. For sophomores and seniors, the cost is $25, a fee which covers a portion of the total cost. Speak with the retreat directors if the cost is an issue. It is the school's philosophy that cost should never prohibit a student from attending a retreat that he desires to attend.
Retreat Contact: Mr. Dan Schuler (email@example.com)
"Affectionate Regard & Friendship"