Voluntary Community Service Program (CSP)
The Community Service Program is a voluntary program offering students in all four grade levels an opportunity to place themselves at the service of others. Students volunteer at selected sites throughout the school year, as their schedules allow. Many programs offer a faculty chaperone for those students who are unable to drive. The programs are organized by populations served and type of service.
- Pre-school programs
- Tutor/mentor programs (elementary/middle school-aged populations)
- Feeding/sheltering programs
- Senior programs
- Sports programs for those with special needs.
Throughout the school year, some programs are added and some end, most often by program design.
Community Service Program Moderator: Mrs. Simonie Anzalone (email@example.com)
You should register for service and log your hours in X2Vol, SLUH's service software. In addition, each year you must turn in a completed Parent Permission Form before doing any service opportunities. You may download and print that permission form here. Please turn the completed form into Mrs. Anzalone in Campus Ministry.
- Open any browser and go to the following page: https://www.x2vol.com/
- Select "Log In" and enter your SLUH email and password.
- Click the green “Find Opportunities” button and browse through all of the “Service of Presence” and “Service of Presence Summer” opportunities. There are two types of opportunities:
-Organizations that have determined set dates and times for service opportunities will have an orange “View Event Details” button on the right. Click on this or on the blue title of the opportunity to find a more detailed description of the opportunity, then click the green “Sign Up” button for the specific dates and times you plan to serve.
- Organizations that have flexible volunteer hours will have a blue “Add to My Opportunities” button on the right. Click on the blue title to find a more detailed description of the opportunity and take note of the contact information. You will need to contact the organization to set up dates and times that work with your schedule. Once you do this, please go back in and click the blue “Add to My Opportunities” button on the right. This will allow you to log your hours later.
- Keep in mind that in many cases, the partnering organizations require additional steps such as filling out a volunteer registration on their website or having a background check completed. All of this information will be listed under “Special Instructions/Comments” within the opportunity.