Annual Giving allows SLUH to continue to provide a premier education while admitting young men based on their ability to succeed, not on their families' economic circumstances. The current SLUH fiscal year is July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018. Gifts received during this period will be included in the Gratitude Report, published in the Fall of 2018.
Make Your Gift Today
Parent Annual Giving
Dear SLUH Parents,
The heart of our Jesuit identity and mission is to serve all young men based on their ability to succeed rather than their families’ economic circumstanes.
Your generosity makes that possible, and allows SLUH to be a place accessible for all to become one family of Junior Billikens.
I hope you will take time to prayerfully consider a donation to the Parent Annual Fund for the 2018-19 school year.
The details on this website will hopefully provide you with information to make an informed decision about your level of support.
I am grateful for your consideration, and hope to have the chance to meet you over the course of your son’s time at SLUH. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.
John M. Penilla ’99
Director of Annual Giving
- What does Parent Annual Giving support?
- WHEN MIGHT YOU BE ASKED TO MAKE A GIFT TO SLUH?
- WHY DOES SLUH ASK FOR A GIFT?
- Leadership Giving Societies and Levels
- View the 2017-18 Guide to Parent Annual Giving
Parents are typically asked for gifts to the Parent Annual Fund and Cashbah during the year. A general timeline of solicitations:
- May 2018 - Tuition mailing with FACTS form and Parent Annual Fund details.
- After school begins - Dedicated effort, including follow-up letter and peer-to-peer parent phone calls.
- Fall 2018 - early 2019 - Depending on what co-curriculars your son is involved in, Cashbah solicitations may start as early as September. Gift Gathering Parties typically are from November to January.
- April 6, 2019 - Diamond Anniversary Cashbah Auction - Attendees are asked to consider a contribution to the Fund-A-Need portion of the evening.
- Spring 2019 - Final year-end solicitation for current year non-donors.
We recognize tuition is a significant expenditure for SLUH families. But, we ask for additional contributions to the school for three reasons:
- Tuition is set at $2,281 less than the true Cost of Education. Contributions help bridge this gap.
- Our goal is to achieve 100% participation. Parent giving is a sign of pride and gives families a chance - regardless of the gift size - to show their support for their son’s SLUH experience.
- Parent Annual Giving is vital to helping SLUH: maintain needs-blind admission; offer uncapped levels of tuition assistance; and have the ability to admit young men based on their ability to succeed, not their economic circumstances.
2018-19 Financial Aid Levels
Note: $4.1 million and 42% are budgeted figures for the 2018-19 school year. Because SLUH works with families throughout the school year, actual aid levels fluctuate throughout the year and are only final at the end of the year.
Note: $4.1 million and 40% are budgeted figures for the 2017-18 school year. Because SLUH works with families throughout the school year, actual aid levels fluctuate throughout the year and are only final at the end of the year.