Annual Giving allows SLUH to continue to provide a premier education while admitting young men based on their ability to succeed, not on their families' economic circumstances. The current SLUH fiscal year is July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018. Gifts received during this period will be included in the Gratitude Report, published in the Fall of 2018.
Make Your Gift Today
Parent Annual Fund
The 2017-18 Parent Annual Fund Chairs are Laura & Jim '86 Lally and Sandy & Dan '85 Kleffner.
- What does Parent Annual Giving support?
- WHEN MIGHT YOU BE ASKED TO MAKE A GIFT TO SLUH?
- WHY DOES SLUH ASK FOR A GIFT?
- View the 2017-18 Guide to Parent Annual Giving
Your contributions allow students like Ed Gartner, a member of the Class of 2017, who is attending Princeton University on a full-ride, Questbridge Scholarship. Ed said the following about his experience at SLUH:
“As I look to my future, I can’t help but look back in gratitude towards SLUH. I am grateful for the amazing education SLUH has provided and so thankful to you all for your support, as without financial aid, I couldn’t have even attended.”
Parents are typically asked for gifts to the Parent Annual Fund and Cashbah during the year. A general timeline of solicitations:
- May 2017 - Tuition mailing with FACTS form and Parent Annual Fund details.
- October - Dedicated effort, including follow-up letter and peer-to-peer parent phone calls.
- Fall 2018 - early 2018 - Depending on what co-curriculars your son is involved in, Cashbah solicitations may start as early as September. Gift Gathering Parties typically are from November to January.
- April 7, 2018 - Cashbah Bicentennial Ball - Attendees are asked to consider a contribution to the Fund-A-Need portion of the evening.
- Spring 2018 - Final year-end solicitation for current year non-donors.
We recognize tuition is a significant expenditure for SLUH families. But, we ask for additional contributions to the school because:
- Tuition is set at $2,161 less than the true Cost of Education. Contributions help bridge this gap.
- Our goal is to get as many families to contribute as possible. Parent giving is a sign of pride and gives families a chance - regardless of the gift size - to show their support for their son's SLUH experience.
- Gifts allow SLUH to empower talented, capable young men who only need access to show their full potential.
Note: $4.1 million and 40% are budgeted figures for the 2017-18 school year. Because SLUH works with families throughout the school year, actual aid levels fluctuate throughout the year and are only final at the end of the year.