Greetings from the SLUH Scholarship Golf Classic Committee!
We are looking forward to seeing you this Thursday, September 28th at The Bogey Club (9266 Clayton Road, 63124). It should be a great day of golf, and the Club is again eager to host a first-class event. There will be nine beautiful Lexus vehicles ready to be won, including the Shootout vehicle: a 2017 Lexus RC 300 F Sport!
We wanted to pass on a few details to you for Thursday. Please share with other members of your team that you may have invited to play.
- CLICK HERE to view a list of all groups – please let us know A.S.A.P. if a name in your group appears incorrectly! (Please note: If you are a single or double the groupings may still be changed slightly.)
- As guests of Bogey Club, standard golf attire should be worn (collared shirts; no jeans or untucked shirts, please). The locker room will be available for use if you would like. Please change your shoes in the locker room in lieu of the parking lot.
- Registration and lunch begin at 11:00 a.m. Those golfers needing to pay can bring a check (made out to SLUH) or credit card payment will be available.
- The envelope you receive at registration will include your player gift: a $100 certificate to the on-site ProAm Golf pop up shop. The Shop will be open as you arrive and will close just prior to the start of play. If you are unable to use your certificate on Thursday, you can also redeem the full value of the certificate at a later date at the ProAm shop in Brentwood.
- Prior to heading off for our start, we will have a brief welcome from SLUH President David Laughlin, opening prayer by our new Principal Fr. Ian Gibbons SJ, and some final instructions. This will be about noon on the back patio, rather than at the golf carts. Afterwards, players will go to the carts so we can be ready for our shotgun start at 12:15!
- After golfing concludes, a brief program will precede the Shootout, including:
- awarding of attendance prizes.
- a reflection from a member of the junior class about his time as a Jr. Bill.
- a live auction with four great items (descriptions below).
As we said, it’s going to be a great day - with cooler temperatures thankfully! - and it’s all in support of the Scholarship program at St. Louis U. High. Thank you for your role in making this tournament a success.
If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this email. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you on Thursday at The Bogey Club!
The SLUH Scholarship Golf Classic Committee
Questions? Please reply to this email or contact John Penilla '99 – (314) 269-2170.
Live Auction Items and Descriptions
March Madness in St. Louis (Donated by Mark Wilhelm ’72) – The Southeastern Conference invades Tiger country at the SEC Championship Basketball Tournament at Scottrade, March 7-11, 2018. You receive four, Mezzanine-level, all-session tickets to each day of the tournament to cheer on Michael Porter, Jr. and the rest of the revamped Mizzou team (or your favorite SEC squad) as they look to cut down the nets and make a deep March run!
Golf at Boone Valley and Old Warson – Play two of the most exclusive and sought-after courses in the area. John Lamping ’81 hosts your group of 3 at Boone Valley while Joe Jedlicka ’80 will host you at Old Warson Country Club. Lunch and golf included for both. Mutually agreeable date with each donor before Aug. 31, 2018.
100th PGA Championship at Bellerive (Donated by Ed Costigan, Jr. ’60) – We’ve got your ticket to the biggest event in St. Louis next year: two tickets for all competition rounds (Thursday-Sunday) to the 100th PGA Championship at Bellerive Country Club August 9-12.
Wingshoot Farms Duck Club Hunting (Donated by Joe Jedlicka ’80) – Enjoy a day of premium hunting for two during the November/December season at the private Wingshoot Farms Duck Club, less than one hour away in the heart of the Mississippi Flyway. All gear and ammo provided as needed. Just bring your hunting license and ducks are guaranteed.