A transformational campaign like Go Forth calls for transformational giving. It requires the support of the entire SLUH community, with participation at all levels. With your support, we will achieve our campaign goals and "set the world on fire."
Following are some ways to give to SLUH. Please contact the Advancement Office at (314) 531-3062 if you have questions or need additional information.
- Goal: Make a quick and easy gift.
- How to make a gift: Write a check; use a credit card (CLICK HERE to make an online gift) or set up a recurring payment.
- Benefits: Income tax deduction
TRANSFER OF STOCK
- Goal: Make a quick and easy gift.
- How to make a gift: Using the stock giving instruction (CLICK HERE to access), transfer stock directly to SLUH. To receive the maximum advantage, do not sell appreciated stock; instead, transfer ownership to SLUH.
- Benefits: Income tax deduction and avoidance of capital gains tax.
REAL ESTATE GIFT
- Goal: Eliminate capital gains tax on the sale of a home or other real estate.
- How to make a gift: Donate qualifying property to SLUH or sell qualifying property to SLUH at a bargain price.
- Benefits: Immediate income tax deduction and avoidance of capital gains tax.
RETAINED LIFE ESTATE
- Goal: Give your personal residence or farm but continue to live there.
- How to make a gift: Transfer the deed of your qualifying home to SLUH but retain occupancy.
- Benefits: Charitable income tax deduction and lifetime use of home.
LIFE INSURANCE GIFT
- Goal: Make a large gift with little cost to yourself.
- How to make a gift: Give a policy with SLUH as owner and beneficiary.
- Benefits: Current income tax deduction; possible future deductions.
RETIREMENT PLAN GIFT
- Goal: Avoid the two-fold taxation on retirement plan assets.
- How to make a gift: Name SLUH as beneficiary of the remainder of the retirement assets after your lifetime.
- Benefits: Avoidance of heavily taxed gift to heirs, allowing less costly gifts.
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY
- Goal: Create and/or increase income from assets.
- How to make a gift: Create a charitable annuity that pays you a set income annually.
- Benefits: Immediate income tax deduction and fixed income for life; remainder of the corpus passes to SLUH.
CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUST
- Goal: Create and/or increase income from assets; create a hedge against inflation over the long term.
- How to make a gift: Create a trust that pays you a fixed or variable percentage of the trust’s assets; valued annually.
- Benefits: Immediate income tax deduction; annual income for life that has potential to increase; remainder of the corpus passes to SLUH.
CHARITABLE LEAD TRUST
- Goal: Reduce gift and estate taxes on assets passing to heirs.
- How to make a gift: Create a trust that pays SLUH a fixed or variable income for a set term, and the remainder passes to your heirs.
- Benefits: Reduced size of taxable estate; keeps asset in family with reduced tax ramifications.
All donors and prospective donors are encouraged to seek guidance from a professional advisor such as an estate planning attorney, a tax accountant, broker, banker or insurance agent to determine the best giving strategy for their unique circumstances.
As of June 2019. Subject to change.
Ignatian Endowed Scholarship Fund
World Learning Center
Academic Wings (3)
Center for Academic Success - Reserved
- Arabic Foreign Language & Culture Program Endowment
- Campus Ministry Suite - Reserved
- Media Center
- Chapel – Reserved
- Counseling Office Suite
- Learning Resource Center – Reserved
- Endowed Director of College Counseling
- Endowed Director of Global Education
- Endowed Director of Learning Resources
- Global Education Suite
- Immersion & Exchange Program Endowments (Russia, China, Latin America, France)
- Presidential Endowed Scholarship Fund
Main Switchboard Entrance/Lobby Area
- Admissions Office Suite
- Administration Office Suite
- Campus Ministry Lounge
- Dean of Students Office Suite
- Fully Endowed Scholarship
- New Physics Classroom
- Renovated Science Labs
- Art Studios (4)
- Arts Center Gallery
- Audio Engineering Studio
- Collaborative Classrooms (4)
- Connected Classroom within World Learning Center
- Equity & Inclusion Office
- Language Lab - Reserved
- Prep News Office
- STUCO Office
- Video and Music Production Studio
- Yearbook Office
- Faculty Departmental Offices
- Large Conference Rooms
For naming opportunities, please contact Sean Agniel or Linda Domeyer.
set the world on fire
With your support, we will, in the words of St. Ignatius of Loyola, “Go forth and set the world on fire.”