Originally known as the "St. Louis U. High Club," the Fathers Club began in 1938 to support school activities. The organization played a large role in construction of the basement recreation room and the first major addition to the school plant. It also helped bring about parking lots, locker room renovation and the library. Today, the Fathers Club offers a number of opportunities for fathers and father-figures of current students to partner with SLUH in the development of their sons.
FATHERS CLUB CALENDAR OF EVENTS
View the current Calendar of Events HERE and sign up for volunteer opportunities for dads and sons throughout the year HERE. Details about specific upcoming events will be posted below prior to these dates. Please note that all dads are automatically members of the SLUH Fathers Club!
Some of our events do have a cost associated with them, but ALL events are open to ALL families. If you would like to participate in a "paid" event but have limited financial resources to do so, please contact Dr. Kesterson (email@example.com), Assistant Principal for Student Life, and he will be happy to work with you confidentially to make your participation possible.
- December 2: FATHER/SON BOWLING
The registration portal for this event at Olivette Lanes, noon-2:30 p.m. (9520 Olive Street, Olivette, MO 63132) is now closed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- December 12: PACES (Parent Association for Cultural Enrichment @ SLUH). This monthly meeting (second Tuesday of each month except March) will be held from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the Dill Center Commons. No RSVP necessary. More information can be found HERE.
Subscribe to this Calendar on an iPhone or iPad
- Tap and hold this word/link –– SUBSCRIBE. A pop-up will appear. Tap on Copy.
- Open Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar
Paste the link you copied where it asks for Server and tap Next.
Other ways for dads to get involved:
- Mass is celebrated each school day at 7:45 a.m. in the Schulte Theater Loge. You are always welcome to attend, with your son or on your own. Watch for details and dates of "First Friday Masses."
- Ignatian Spirituality speaker series: AMDG Ignatian Spirituality for Parents.
- PACES: Parent Association for Cultural Enrichment @ SLUH.
- Assist at Grandparents' Mass, Open House and Mothers Club events as shuttle drivers, greeters, clean up, raffle sales/judges @ Mom/Son Trivia, etc.
- Support important community outreach projects through your son. Details will be publicized in the weekly SLUHConnect.
parent engagement coordinator
John penilla '99
dir. of alumni & parent giving