Originally known as the "St. Louis U. High Club," the Fathers Club began in 1938 to support school activities. The organization played a large role in construction of the basement recreation room and the first major addition to the school plant. It also helped bring about parking lots, locker room renovation and the library. Today, the Fathers Club offers a number of opportunities for fathers and father-figures of current students to partner with SLUH in the development of their sons.
View the various events and sign up for volunteer opportunities for dads and sons throughout the year HERE. Listed below are a few of the upcoming events. Please note that all dads are automatically members of the SLUH Fathers Club!
Some of our events do have a cost associated with them, but ALL events are open to ALL families. If you would like to participate in a "paid" event but have limited financial resources to do so, please contact Dr. Kesterson (email@example.com), Assistant Principal for Student Life, and he will be happy to work with you confidentially to make your participation possible.
father-son mass & banquet
featuring john o'leary
Sunday, February 5, 2023
We are thrilled to welcome world-renowed speaker John O'Leary to SLUH for the annual Father/Son Mass and Banquet on Sunday, February 5.
Mass begins at 4:30 p.m. in the Chapel. Doors to the Si Commons open for dinner and the speaker immediately after, approximately 5:45 p.m.
SLUH Formal Attire (coat & tie)
John's incredible "live inspired" message is sure to be a can't-miss event for SLUH dads and sons.
Registration for this event is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
>> Click here to Learn more about John O'Leary and his message.
View the Fathers Club brochure listing the all of the events for 2022-2023 here.
Subscribe to this Calendar on an iPhone or iPad
- Tap and hold this word/link –– SUBSCRIBE. A pop-up will appear. Tap on Copy.
- Open Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar
Paste the link you copied where it asks for Server and tap Next.
Other ways for dads to get involved:
- Mass is celebrated each school day at 7:45 a.m. You are always welcome to attend, with your son or on your own. Watch for details and dates of "First Friday Masses."
- Ignatian Spirituality speaker series: AMDG Ignatian Spirituality for Parents.
- PACES: Parent Association for Cultural Enrichment @ SLUH.
- Assist at Grandparents' Mass, Open House and Mothers Club events as shuttle drivers, greeters, clean up, raffle sales/judges @ Mom/Son Trivia, etc.
- Support important community outreach projects through your son - donations are collected through homerooms. (Updated details will be posted soon.)
parent engagement coordinator
John penilla '99
dir. of alumni & parent giving