SLUH Class of 2020 Parents
Latest information for Senior Parents!
important dates and volunteer opportunities!
- Baccalaureate Mass: Friday Night, Jul 24 at 8:00 pm in the SLUH Sports (Football) Stadium. Seniors and up to 3 guests are invited to attend. Dress for boys is shorts and polo shirts with closed toe shoes/socks (think warm weather uniform). Guests are asked to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing for outdoor mass. Be sure to pick up your senior gift bag after mass. Bags contains gifts for the seniors, lock-in shirt for entry to lock-in, and composite photo and video if you ordered them.
- Tuxedo Pick-up: Friday Jul 24 from 10 am to 6 pm at the Stallone's location that was specified at the fitting. If you do not know which location, please call the Maryland Heights store at 314-576-5900 for that information. Cost of tuxedo rental was included in graduation fee. If you need to rent shoes or a shirt, you will need to pay $10 for each item needed at pick-up time. Please return tuxes by Tuesday, July 28.
- Graduation: Saturday, Jul 25 at 7:30 pm at the SLUH Sports (Football) Stadium. Ceremonies with begin at 7:30 and conclude by 8:45 pm. Graduates must assemble in the theater by 7 pm. Each Senior can have 4 guests seated in the stands. Any additional ticketed guests will be seated in the Commons. Don't forget to RSVP for tickets. by Jul 10. Email went to the Seniors' SLUH accounts. Rain Date is Sunday, Jul 26 at 7:30 pm.
- Lock-in: Lock-in will follow graduation. We will have details ASAP! Please be patient. The committee is working very hard to finalize this special event.
- Dec 29, 2020 from 12-2 pm, Class of 2020's First Reunion Party!
Dana Booher and Mini McLaughlin are the Head Senior Reps. They can be reached via Email at email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or issues.
"Parent's Prayer" by Fr. Mike Durso, S.J.
I pray that I may let my child live his own life and not the one I wish I had lived. Therefore, guard me against burdening him with doing what I failed to do.
Help me to see his missteps today in perspective against the long road he must travel, and grant me the grace to be patient with his slow pace.
Give me the wisdom to know when to smile at the small mischiefs of his age and when to show firmness against the impulses he fears and cannot handle.
Help me to bear the anguish in his heart through the din of angry words or across the gulf of brooding silence. And having heard, grant me the ability to bridge the gap between us with understanding.
I pray that I may raise my voice more in joy at what he is than vexation at what he is not, so that each day he may grow in sureness of himself.
Help me to regard him with genuine affection so he will feel affection for others. Then give me the strength, O Lord, to free him so he can move strongly on his way.
And today as every day, we pray: We dedicate all our thoughts, words and actions to the greater glory of God. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
- Senior Response Form: Lock-In RSVP, Video and Composite Purchase
- GRADUATION PARTY SUPPLIES
- Sr. Memory Video
- Graduation Tux Fittings
- Mom Prom
- Baccalaureate Mass and Dinner
- Sr. Lock-In
- Class of 2020 Reunion Party
- Senior Prom
- Contact Information for Senior Pictures Photographer used at SLUH
- Graduation Photos